Titans cuts on Saturday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Since they used the IR tag now, Mariani is out for season. Can't use recall tag until after player made the final 53.

2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Just read it, poor Marinai.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

So Mariani is out for the season. Seems like an odd decision. Correct me if I'm wrong, but his injury isn't season long, so why not just cut him? Don't you think he'd prefer to be cut so he can play elsewhere this season? Or maybe he's just happy he's still guaranteed a job instead of testing free agency.

S Lynch cut. With this cut & Mariani on IR, that makes 11 roster moves for the day, no? Does Mariani's count? If so, that puts us at 54 which means only one more move coming.

Could be Spencer or Dawson.

4. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

I would be super pissed if I was Mariani. The shoulder injury isn't serious and was only supposed to sideline him for a few more weeks. At least release the guy and give him an opportunity to play for another team instead of standing on the sideline when he is healthy.

5. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

I wonder if they may have asked Mariani is he wanted to be released or put on IR. he may have not been claimed with his injury

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Okay well on nfl.com there's a Dennis pitta article. And he's already on IR. but the article talks about him possibly being designated to return, though that tag can't be placed Til Tuesday. So someone has their info wrong. If he can get it. Mariani should as well

7. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Perhaps the Titans will make an injury settlement with Mariani and cut him. I don't think you can waive an injured player. Too bad, but the scenario that someone mentioned about Reynaud being gone after 6 weeks won't happen because we paid him 1 mil and he will collect even if we cut him 6 weeks into the season. That's a bad investment. I heard on Twitter that Markelle Martin cleared waivers, so perhaps he will be a PS candidate.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Wonder what's the benefit to us of placing Mariani on IR instead of releasing him. But good point, perhaps they're reaching an injury settlement to cut him.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yea the IR tag was a parting gift. Free check for mariani. He was gonna get cut and with his injury, probably wouldn't get picked up.

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Whew, I'm glad we didn't trade Kenny Britt for him like someone on here suggested.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar