Titans Cutdown to 53/Practice Squad Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I'm very dissapointed we let CB Chris Hawkins go, I was very impressed with his play in limited time.

I thought he woulda outplayed Mouton in camp, but who knows, maybe Ryan is finally ready to cover some people. Perhaps he will also restore my fate in our team doctors; that an ACL tear won't mark the end of your Titans career.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Hawkins sucks... and he was horrendous in preseason. I saw him try to make an arm tackle and let the guy go for another 5 yards until someone else took care of him. That's when I knew he was gone.

If only the Titans' worked with Vanderbilt instead of lame Baptist.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I like Bailey, and surprised I wanted Diles to make the team. Harper I think would be safe as a third back. Afalava I'm like meh. I think it's someone at a position of depth. That could be at LB, but I love the depth there. Not any real depth at safety, IMO.

Yeah, RB is a position of luxury depth, but I think Ringer is the nonessential luxury there.

Scott Solomon would be my next pick. He would be a good PS candidate.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Chris Hawkins played his way off the team. He was horrible the last 2 preseason games.

Mouton was kept around just in case anything happens to Frenchy.

Didn't Solomon make the team outright?

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I didn't watch the preseason, never really do.

I'll tell you what though, i distinctively remember him covering WRs very well for someone who was just thrust into the line-up with no real experience (last year).

Sure maybe things change, but if you compare their rookie years, Chris last year played much better then Ryan did during his rookie year (two years ago).

Who knows though, maybe Ryan is ready to ball, i mean i hope he proves me wrong he was drafted in the 3rd round and if he has successfully recovered from his injury, he just might....

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Mouton is a much better tackle fo starters and has value because he can play NB. Hawkins wiffed on number of tackles and for some reason looked a little slow reacting. Bottom line is Hawkins didn't perform very well when he needed to to make the team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans on Monday added running back Darren Evans and receiver Vidal Hazelton to the team’s practice squad.

Evans, who played at Virginia Tech, spent time with the Colts. Hazelton, who played at the University of Cincinnati, was most recently with the Bengals.

Source: Titans Insider

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

...And there was much rejoicing. (Yay...!) ?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans on Tuesday signed guard Chris DeGeare to the team’s eight-man practice squad.

DeGeare was originally a fifth-round pick of the Vikings in the 2010 NFL Draft, and he played in eight games, including five starts for the Vikings. He spent last on the Minnesota practice squad.

The Titans have now filled all eight practice squad spots.

Source: Titans Insider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar