Titans Cut Four to Get to 75...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

no. its because i've heard from numerous local sports analysts before the preseason that Little could be a great addition and help the run game even more. i never watched him in college so i just went by what others said that watched him. so no, not cause Fisher liked him. i never heard fisher say anything about Little.

Mulligan was the TE that caught the touchdown pass in the game against the Browns.......did you see it?

so you disapprove Ganther, would you rather keep Henry?

2. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

so i guess you and got it like that with fisher. he just lets you in on how he really feels about his players....."on the down low".

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's not that I disapprove Ganther. I like him on a personal level, but I just don't see where he fits in. Carrying him just for special teams doesn't make sense for his sake. I say let him go, we cant get much from him. He's better off playing elsewhere that can make use of him.

As for Henry; I was in favor of leaving his remains on the field after that runaway bus from the Indianapolis transit authority (Darrell Reid) hit him. He's a workout warrior, no good for football. He should call David Boston for how-to beat a drug test advice.

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Ganther is for ST and FB backup. If Henry were any good in either ST or FB, the spot would've been his. You would think his ability to find hit a wall could be usefull on ST. But no...

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I say we keep Stevens, but Mulligan is cut, though he may end up on the PS.

6. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Little and Mulligan still have practice squad eligibility, that's most likely where they'll end up. I really hope Henry is next and we keep Ganther over him, Ganther has been a much better runner and all around player, he looked great against the browns, i mean i know it's 3rd string but Henry has always looked awful and he's been goin against the third string too.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

It's a long shot, but Henry could possibly be on the trade block which might be why we held on to him for another week... we know that teams are contacting the Titans about possible pre-cut trades, and we know that DT and RB are the 2 deepest positions we hold with backup CB and kick returner being the 2 positions we need to fill.

Henry has actually shown slight improvement as a RB and has been active on ST. Obviously not enough for us to keep him, and everyone knows we'll be cutting him. If a team out there is deep at CB but needs a backup RB I think MR has to try to shop Henry before he releases a 2nd rd pick. Henry for a backup CB wouldn't be such an unreasonable trade, and if both teams are planning on cutting the players anyway a trade before the deadline eliminates the risk someone else picks up who you want.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Some of the cuts today were based on what the Titans need to play on Thursday. They're not going to ask Crump or Scaife to play much which means Mulligan needed to stay.

Lots to trim to get to 53.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I'd like to see a Team pick up Henry and make him play a whole game. maybe he just needs a work load under his belt. Grab him and work the crap out of him. Make him the starter for 1 day and see what gives. it's kinda hard to say any player sucks when they only get 2-5 carries in preseason games and zero in regular season. give him his 1 shot.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

or does he get that amount of carries because he sucks?

ringer got the same amount of work in the preseason and has less time in the system and produced a hell of a lot more. henry just isn't a natural runner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar