Titans Current Rankings (as of Week 3)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitansGo, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

This team will eventually really stink by mid week butttt

It's already light years more entertaining to have Mariota, DGB and Wright

To think last year we had to endure Whitehurst, Hunter and Sankey where he'd fall down when the defenders blew on him

Made me cancel my red zone subscription last year - probably hang on to it longer this year since the offense is at least stomach able

2. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I honestly don't know if McCourty helps much except by forcing QBs to hold onto the ball just a tad bit longer. Teams in the past have gone deep on him and he has as much trouble locating and making a play on the ball like Sensabaugh, Blidi and Huff have had the past couple of weeks. The defense success will ultimately hinge on how often the pass rush can get to the QB.

Out of everyone in our secondary, we pretty much only have one player who actually plays the ball and that is Cox.

McCourty has pretty good coverage skills but he doesn't play the ball as well as a #1 corner should. His strongest assest is he is a sure tackler for a corner.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Considering some of the tackling we've seen so far his help is needed.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Wreh-Wilson goes for the ball a lot, usually gets burned but he's a ball hawk, or tries to be..

Thats the one knock I have about McCourty's game, he's too conservative how he plays...

5. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I'm not too keen on comparing this year's team to last year's disaster. Whiz took over a 7-9 team from 2013, so until we are as good or better than that year's team, he has failed.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

solid argument

7. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Shows a lot of improvement from last year! Defense should improve after the bye with McCourty returning! Time of possession is the stat that I really like, just wish the coaches would do their job for the whole game!

8. TitanDave

TitanDave Guest

What's killing us is experience in the pocket and defense pressure.
    Mariota is a great QB but doesn't have many tricks up his sleeve.
    This will come in time.
    Are Defense needs to shut the gate. Cant have a young QB getting hit so much.
    Cant have offense gaining so many yards on running, 3rd downs etc.
    1 thing that bothers me is this 4/3 3/4 switch. It hurts us a bit. Its not a common format and most offense teams form on the old school line up. That leaves the gate to open to much of the time. Cant figure out why Lebaue isn't crapping his pants every time the let one get by. Were doing much better, but we need much better than this..
    Go Titans!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar