Titans Crushed by Jaguars 37-7

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans rookie QB Vince Young threw three interceptions while Jaguars QB David Garrard passed for three touchdowns as Tennessee was dominated by Jacksonville 37-7. The Titans had another miserable day offensively and had only one first quarter first down because of a running into the kicker penalty. Young had a 6.7 passer rating the first half as he went 8 for 21 with two interception and the Titans found themselves down 20-0 at halftime. The Titans had another tough time slowing the run as the Jaguars rushed for 173 yards on the day.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the playcalling in the first half was dreadful.

3. yea, that didnt help any, the dropped balls are what killed us tho

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

The Jaguars are what killed us. They scored 37 points and they held us to one garbage time touchdown. We could have had our best day of the year on either side of the ball and we still probably lose this game.

That team is just flat out better than us. They won't be for long, but right now they certainly are.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

They were certainly better today, but the score was more lopsided than the game. It certainly wasn't a close game, but damn, that was embarassing. They were much better in all aspects of the game.

6. lowery21

lowery21 Guest

The Wrs should all resign in disgrace. How can they pick up their paychecks with out vomiting?

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

What wears me out is that it was just as bad or worse than the season ending loss last year when our entire team had packed its bags and called it a season. We've got to turn this thing around. We're supposed to be making progress.

I'm a big Fisher fan, but I think he might have earned his walking papers today. I didn't see much fire from the Titans. We can't have this kind of season again. I know we still lack some in the talent and experience department, but goot lawd, there's no excuse for getting beat by 30 points in the NFL.

This team needs to be competitive week in and week out. I'm not saying we need to win, just be competitive. Is that too much? We've been totally blown out 3 times already this year and the schedule don't get much better.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Amen, BR. The difference between then and now? The team didn't quit today, they were playing, they just got killed. Actually, I think the score was more lopsided than the game, but that's what happens with 3 INTS.

If I had to put this game on any position group, I'd put it on the WRs. All of them had at least one drop. We need them to step up and help vince, not contribute to his low Passer rating. Those passes not being caught puts more pressure on Vince, which leads to bad throws and INTS. That makes the difference.

It certainly shouldn't be put all on one person, the secondary should be ashamed of itself. But if I had to call it, that's my call.

9. Nash

Nash Starter

Our team is very young, won a big game for us last week, and we just aren't used to coming back the next week and playing hard.. plus the jags are bigger and better than we are right now..

10. you can't put all the blame on em, erm.........it was raining...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar