Titans @ Cowboys Preseason OGT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TennesseeTitans, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fannypack

fannypack Camp Fodder

The screen passes are more of a change in offense philosophy than it is a game plan specifically for the Titans. As I'm sure you all well know we no longer have TO. Because of this, throughout training camp there has been an emphasis on shorter routes and more reliance on two TE sets.

Believe me when I say we didn't gameplan. I think the only thing I heard here that made some sense was a poster who said we had a lot of momentum since it was the stadium opener. I can agree with that, our guys were pumped. I was even reading twitters from some of the Titan players about crashing our home opener. For all intents and purposes this had the feel of a regular season game from both sides.

2. tex-titan

tex-titan Camp Fodder

You are 100% right. Wining and losing a game means nothing.

That being said, when our starting offense and defense look bad for the two quarters they played then it should make you sit up and take notice.

In my estimation Dallas won the game 14-10. We were lucky they didn't have more points and that we manged to get one TD scoring drive at all.

If the play that we saw today was any indication of what is to come it will be a long season.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Everyone keeps speaking on how poorly we did.

I have no time to read through all of this, but all I have to say...

Our starters 10
    Their starters 7

Fisher pulled the starters after we scored that touchdown. Wade Phillips likely kept his starters in against our second and third teams just so he could get his team's confidence up. .Sad but true!

I liked the way we made them work for that one touchdown. It did remind me of Schwartz's defense, but I'm not going to worry about it.

4. fannypack

fannypack Camp Fodder

I hope you're kidding, but in case you're not.

The score is very and I mean very inconclusive of how that game went. When you look at time of possession, yardage, etc.

Two blown plays, one on ST and one on defense were the difference. And as far as I know, your secondary starters were removed shortly before we scored, but that had little to do with the main reason why we scored, which was a dump off to Felix Jones took us 40+ down the field.

5. mdfan

mdfan Starter

Forgive me for being Captain Obvious, meeting in the Super Bowl is the only way we will be able to tell how our teams match up in a real game.

6. fannypack

fannypack Camp Fodder

I'm not saying this preseason game was very conclusive. But I'm tired of hearing the "They game planned it" "The Video board did it" "Refs/players paid off" nonsense.

7. jreal26

jreal26 Camp Fodder

fannypack:

Let me dish out some credit to your team. They came in and executed their gameplan and proved that they have the potential to be an elite team. They physically dominated the LOS on offense and they were able to completely control our running game. You guys showed that your two TE set will be hard to deal with and Tony Romo looked very sharp against a solid defense.

I share your opinion that coaches and players references to "gameplanning" is more about spin than facts. The facts are that when Dallas chose to run the football they physically dominated our DLine. The facts also show that our DLine did not get much pressure on your QB. That more than anything is what I took from this game.

From a Defensive standpoint, Dallas didn't get much pressure on Collins but they certainly shut down our Running game. I felt this game was as good a test that we would have in the Pre Season and the Cowboys held up their end.

The good thing is we have alot film to evaluate during the week and this will certainly help us for our opener. If Romo and Jason Garret can show patience in their passing game and depend on the run then you guys should be contenders for an NFC Title.

As for our team, we certainly need to find rythm in our passing game and do a better job running the football. It also wouldn't hurt if we could get our starting RT David Stewart back as well as our MLB and DT.

I would love for us to get another crack at you guys but you definitely won the battle in the trenches on Friday. Congrats and good luck this year!

8. fannypack

fannypack Camp Fodder

Nice posting, if only more fans were like you. I really mean that, too, not because you gave us props, but because you were honest.

Anywhere else, we have to hear about how it won't matter because it will collapse in December. Which it very well may, but atleast you're acknowledging of some of the positives our team has.

I'm hopeful for this year and our team now that we're more or less flying under the radar.

Good luck with your season as well and fortunately we're in different conferences. :lol:

9. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Say what? There is no such thing as flying under the radar for the cowboys. They are the most overexposed franchise and the baby-darling of ESPN.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

^^Yea, there "America's Team"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar