Titans could trade 1st round pick...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rcarie, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I was hoping to see Rivers play in a meaningless game, but with the Chargers on the outside looking in the playoffs, Breeze will take all the snaps.

If the Chargers get mathematically eliminated we may see him play. You have to wonder why we don't if they get mathematically eliminated.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

a few things to consider

1) he has been through several Pro Training Camps so far
    (with a hot-tempered coach I might add)

2) he has experience against one of the leagues better defensive units

3) he was good enough to be considered a top 5 draft pick

4) he has knowledge of our OC

In conclusion he's a better prospect than a rookie at this point
    it's a fluke that he's currently a backup
    San Diego was prepared to go with Rivers until Brees caught on
    noty sure he's worth our 1st round pick, but certainly worth our 2nd

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

OVERVIEW
    The second-leading passer in NCAA history with 13,484 career passing yards — breaking school and Atlantic Coast Conference records — he also set an NCAA record with 51 career starts at quarterback … Rivers finished second in NCAA history with 13,582 career yards of total offense … He tied for fifth in NCAA history with 95 career touchdown passes

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/philip_rivers

In 2003: A finalist for the Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award, Johnny Unitas Award, the Hossman Trophy and for the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award ...
    ... The national leader in completion percentage (.720) and passing efficiency (170.49) ... Finished the year ranked second nationally in passing yards (4,491) and total offense (353.85/game), third in pass completions (348) and completions per game (26.77),
    Led the ACC in every passing and total offense category ... Set the ACC single season records for total offense (4,600), total offense per game, touchdown responsibility (37), passing yards, TD passes, completion percentage, pass completions and pass attempts ... Had thrown 124 straight passes without an interception

4. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

Don't know about ya'll but I'm on the Jay Cutler bandwagon, have been for awhile, and even Mel Kiper is on it now. He just wrote how Cutler could go top 12. You have to have ESPN insider to read it, what a rip. But I was very happy to hear that.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If we trade for Rivers, do we start him Day 1? if so is that the end of McNair?

6. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

he's good, at least he was good. But time has a way of developeing rust. And you cant always judge a QB by what he did in the NCAA, I dont see Tim Chang or Tee Martin lighting up the NFL, and they are also NCAA passing record holders.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Finding this thread is a trip....Brian and I were discussing "What if we got Rivers?" Last Sunday.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

what record does Tee hold ? most completions without an int. ?
    and Timmy Chang played in a Run and Shoot ?

the best shot for Rivers is to have Chow caoch him

9. Nash

Nash Starter

Rivers is a pretty solid 6'5" guy, 3" taller than Volek and built a lot sturdier, more importantly Billy is best at going deep, like the Raiders.. Rivers has a very quick release, and can throw just about anything, touch deep, sideline, intermediate...

10. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

the most str8 completions in a row without an incomplete pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar