Titans could cut CJ with minimum cap penalty

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Add Mark Brunnel to that list. He burned all his money on bad investments (mostly property and fast food joints) and already has a 9-5 lined up after this season as the Jets backup.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

A lot of people are going to say stuff like this, so let's try to get the facts right now.

The key quote is this:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

Don't forget recent forum favorite TO who went through most of his money he earned throughout his career and now is in hot water over back child support.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Ouch...so $13 MM guaranteed is what he would see....after taxes that is $7-8MM...which is still a fair amount of cash.

Bottom line is that CJ had better pick it up to earn his money...which I guess is the intent of a good contract, huh?

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

So this kind of makes it obvious that CJ isn't doing bad on purpose or not caring like everyone is saying. You really think he would shut it down and lose 20 million? No. The dude doesn't understand the offense.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

You think CJ really understands his contract?

7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

No lol but I'm sure somebody told him that it isn't really "guaranteed" like maybe his agent. I'm sure his aware of his money situation knowing him.

8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

That worked for me for the first 4 weeks of the season, but this is week 9. O Line play is horrendus as well, but this is not all on the O Line either. Part of this is that CJ is playing tentatively (you think due to lack of knowledge of the offense, I believe it is more to do with not wanting to get hurt, or something like that).

I think the FO's attitude about CJ will depend alot on how Ringer performs behind this same O Line...if he struggles to get 75 yards in games I think the FO will be a bit more forgiving of CJ.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If you ask Chris Johnson, you don't get paid a big contract based on what you're expected to do, but rather what you've already done.

The dude has mailed it in.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It would be shortsighted to cut him. I'd give him another year. There are plenty of factors to think this is an abberation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar