Titans contacted Falcons about Schaub

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by danny, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

To me Schaub = Volek. Good quality backup that hasn't proven he can handle the load of a starter.

I would rather take Leinhart, Young or Cutler in the draft and trade Volek for a draft pick. Trade Volek to Raiders.

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Excuse me? Do you ever actually make a point or just spew useless rhetoric that says nothing? Why am I ignorant? Because I realize that Matt Leinart only has average arm strength and played on an offense that will have 4 first rounders in this years draft? Is it ignorant to have questions about Young considering he didnt run a pro set offense in college? Im higher on Cutler than either of those guys but I hardly think he is the next coming of Peyton Manning or Carson Palmer, maybe, but lets not consider him an NFL superstar because he had a good pro day. So come on genius, you obviously dont agree with me, which is fine, but it would be nice if you were able to actually say why you dont agree with me instead of just posting sarcastic rhetoric that says nothing what so ever.

Now go ahead a post a smiley face and act like youve made a point, seems to be more your MO.

3. MTHOMPS627

MTHOMPS627 Guest

ask yourself, where do we need the help?

What is wrong with Volek??? Keep Billy, draft either the Brick or Hawk. We need o-line help more than anything and then some D. Name a better back up Qb then Volek or for that matter I can name probably 12-16 starters who would be unemployed if he came to town. Here is the deal, we are just getting to a workable salary cap number, and Volek is proven and you could never convince me it would be worth the huge $ amount to bring in a QB at the 3 spot and let him sit while the team as a whole struggles and suffers. Debrick or Hawk would make and IMMEDIATE impact this year in the places we need the most help!

4. Brian

Brian Big Fan

:rolleyes:

Wordiness doesn't impress me. I believe you can say more with fewer words.

McNair can't take the hits any longer. Schaub is not a real long-term option. Leinart is.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Boy you sold me with your insight, Im sure you have reasons for thinking this, and since you deem me ignorant it would be nice to hear them, but I can see that wont happen. No offense, but youve said nothing no matter how many words youve used.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

Well, at least if we draft Leinart we can always count on this guy^
    to do segments about the Titans on NFL Live on espn2.:ha:

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

dg1979us - a.k.a. SchaubsUncle

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Brian, I've tried to stay out of this...
    but I don't really see what the big deal is about Schuab either...
    I want the next Eli or BigBen...

dude, you have not made a real case as to why going with the draft qb is way better than getting a Schuab... What about a pick, a Brick, or a Hawk? Thoses points haven't been emphasised by dg1979us but they are out there. I'm not sure if it's a winnable debate but the francise needs a new young face to sell it... still... debate it. This isn't the playground at school.

9. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Sorry if it seems clear to me that Leinart is the guy that can lead this team for the next 10-15 years, and Schaub looks to me like a career backup. Ferguson looks like the real deal, but we just drafted Mike Roos to be our stud tackle for the next 10 years. Hawk is a great LB, but I'll take the QB.

Sometimes with all the pissing and moaning some guys do in here, it does feel like the playground.

BTW: I'm not interested in signing a "new young face to sell" the franchise. I'm interested in winning a lot of football games.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

fine. that wasn't so hard was it? using actual words to express ideas?
    you made some points instead of an *** out of yourself.:smile:

[​IMG]
    here, there... what's the difference?

This football team has sucked for that last two years.
    People don't piss and moan enough if you ask me.

Don't think they aren't looking for a figure head.

McNair was that kind of pick... someone they thought could carry them 10-15 years... They are looking for a replacement for McNair if they turn to the draft for a qb. McNair was a face that could sell a franchise. To sell a franchise you have got to win games. Do the math.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar