Titans contacted Falcons about Schaub

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by danny, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Joey Harrington probably will be released as well. I think he can flourish with another team. I don't know if it would be with the Titans, but I'm just throwing that out there.

Your right he is in the same category as Volek, just YOUNGER and cheaper. We want someone that can be the future QB. Volek probably would only have a good two, three years left in him, while Schaub could have six, seven years.

2. Brian

Brian Big Fan

It's a smoke screen. Not that it'll work, but we're showing interest in other options to keep the Saints asking price for the #2 pick down. The Jets are doing the same thing. The Saints will be selling to the highest bidder.

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Volek and Sirmon for Schaub and a pick??

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

this is too wierd...It looks as if dg1979us was right... that is unless Brian and I are right... It feels so wierd siding with Brian...:ha:

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

WHy would this keep the price for the #2 pick down? The only way it seems to me that it would stay down would be if we actually did get Schaub. If we show that we are definately interested in a young QB, but we dont get Schaub, doesnt that just raise the price of the #2 pick? Wouldnt teams be even more convinced we would take Leinart here? Not sure I get your logic, seems to me this only insures that we are definately in the market for a young QB, and if we dont have one before the draft then they we would be likely to take one with the 3rd pick.

Unless your thinking that it shows we arent interested in any of the QBs in the draft, then I guess I can understand your point, but not sure thats how the Saints, or how teams willing to trade up would look at it.

6. Brian

Brian Big Fan

:applause:

Kinda the same as showing interest in other options. It's called a bluff.....or "smokescreen".

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I can understand that, but a smokescreen only works depending on how other teams perceive it.

By showing interest in both Culpepper and Schaub we have shown that we are interested in acquiring a qb of the future correct?

So, if we dont get Schaub, then wont the saints take it that we will take Leinart? Meaning that drives up the price. The only way the price goes down is if other teams dont think we will take Leinart, and I understand your logic that we are showing interest elsewhere, but we are also showing that we are serious about acquiring a QB for the future. So, I dont see this smokescreen doing anything but driving up the price of the pick.

And why do we want the price down anyway? The only way I could see wanting the price of the #2 pick to be lower is if we are trying to take Ferguson and we hope the Saints trade out thinking we wont take him. If we do want Leinart, then we should want the Saints to ask for a lot for their pick to make it less likely that someone will swoop in and get him before we are able to.

Basically, I think there is/was a genuine interest in what it would take to get Schaub, I dont see how a smokescreen benefits us in the least.

8. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

If we act interested in Schaub, then the #2 loses its value because nobody has to trade ahead of us to get a QB...The QBs will just fall (a la' Aaron Rodgers last year)

Dude, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I wouldn't sit down to play poker with Floyd Reese if the buy in was $50 and the pot size was $1000.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

IT doesnt lose its value unless we actually get Schaub. How does showing interest in a young QB like Schaub lower the price if we dont actually get Schaub? The Falcons wont part with Schaub unless they get picks, so if this happens it happens before the draft. If we dont have a QB of the future type guy before the draft, then it only gives the impression that Leinart is the pick, so the price is driven up, not driven down.

10. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Either way, it will screw some other team...:evil: And we'll still get a decent QB to develop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar