Titans claim Redskins tampered

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Smash, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

The way that I see and the way I believe our organization sees it is like this. We definitely wanted Al back, we have plenty of cap room at the time that FA kicks off, yet Washington not only drives the price up for Al but does it before FA even starts.

I'd like to think that our organization has some sound evidence that a deal had been discussed or was in place before FA began, otherwise we would have just let this one go.

The short and sweet of my view, we should have been the only team with the insider track for negotiations with Al, not Washington.

2. carltron

carltron Guest

good deal, ive never liked the redskins. and i for one was pretty bitter about his departure. it is kind of childish, but if you can mess things up for that franchise...so be it.

3. titansfan24

titansfan24 Camp Fodder

redskins tampering

Do you think that Tennessee should have said anything about the tampering with Haynesworth case?:eh?:

4. Lava

Lava Camp Fodder

Why wouldn't they? If they get something out of it, then great. If not, no loss.

It's a no-risk high-reward situation for them IMO.

5. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

:crazy: :disbelief

WE DID!

And yes, of course we should have.

The question is .....why wouldn't we?

6. TitansCollector

TitansCollector #9 GBNF

I personally think that without a doubt they tampered! Do you think 4 hours into free agency his agent talked with all interested teams and got there best offers? Heck no, this deal was in place day's or weeks prior to the opening in free agency. If they have any shred of evidence I hope they present it, and we get a couple of picks out of the lowly Skins!

7. Big Time Titan

I'm happy we filed charges. I just hope that we have enough of a case to make em stick. It'd be awesome to get their 1st rounder for this.

8. Big Time Titan

I've been thinking the same thing on this one. For us to pursue charges says a lot, there must clear evidence that they tampered and there was contact before FA kicked off.

9. reo

reo Starter

They haven't actually "filed charges" yet but they asked the league to look into it. they'll probably see what they can find and then the titans will decide if they want to file or not. technically they should have to file before the league looks into it but apparently not.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah that'd make sense. But I thought they officially filed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar