Titans claim Jets TE Jace Amaro

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Sep 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Only if he stays the hell away from the field.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. Jaydc

Jaydc Special Teams Standout

Jets fan here.

I'm actually pretty pissed that the Jets cut amaro.

To give you guys an idea of what you're getting and why he was cut.

He was drafted by the previous GM. His rookie year he had 38 catches on 53 targets. Which is a 71% completion rate. Not bad at all for a rookie but he did have about 4 or 5 drops. Not something you like to see but he was a rookie that had to deal with rex as his coach and having geno and Vick throwing him the ball.

His 2nd year he gets injured misses the full year. He comes back and there's an entire new coaching staff and gm.

The new regime had 0 allegiance to him since he wasn't there pick. The Jets TE's last season only 8 receptions. 8 total receptions from all TE's. That let's you know that they don't value the position in the offense. They want their TE's as blockers and that's it.

Amaro isn't a great blocker. He's a big guy but he is strictly a pass catching TE.

I think amaro can be a good-great TE in this league. Like I said I'm pretty mad that we cut him.

All camp all that was heard was that he lost ~20 lbs,looked quick and was catching everything in sight.

I'll be following him to see how this shakes but I think you guys just stole a good player for nothing.

• High Five High Five x 8
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Maybe on like rookie or pro but Mett gets torn up if he plays All Madden

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

8 catches by your TE's combined? Yikes.

Thanks for the detailed breakdown.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Maybe he can turn into our Greg Olsen

6. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Guy can't block. We should basically think of him as a WR. A WR whose had a case of drop-itis.

Still, as the 53rd player on the team hes still got some upside. Position where we need a little youth. Maybe Walker can take him under his wings.

Kinda bummed we dropped the Adsakjlds;aha kid though.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Hopefully this is a wakeup call for Jace. He's got all the tools, just needs to focus.

Big body, athletic, great hands. If he can just show more willingness as a blocker he should be a great Delanie clone.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

What happens if we play a team also "Doomed" at QB when Tanney is in? He could steal one.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Is he still PS eligible?

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I don't think he is now that I look at it. 2012 UDFA.

We still cut him and not have to worry about someone stealing him away. If so, oh well.

I don't know why I was thinking this was his 2nd year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar