Titans/Chargers Game Predictions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan89, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Figured I'd start this thread a little early considering the game is Friday night. I'd also like to wish a Merry Christmas to you and your families!

Regarding the game, it will be interesting to see how we deal with the absence of Keith. I expect alot of nickel formations and that Vinny gets a bunch of playing time. We shouldn't have to worry about the Chargers running game (30th in the league averaging around 80 yards a game). With that said, we have to limit the big plays. The Chargers are going to score, and we just have to minimize the damage. We put up 24 points in 3 quarters on a good Dolphins defense, so I believe that our O can match them point for point.

Going to be an emotional, hard fought game. I can not go against our team right now. So,

Titans 34-28

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS A TITANS VICTORY!

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Chargers 36

Titans 17

I give 2 TDs to CJ, but he wont be enough to overcompensate for our losses on defense. Nick Harper is an automatic 21 points for the Chargers- the rest is a combo of Sproles and Gates.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Chargers have too many weapons for our Defense (what are we ranked?) anyways unless VY is able to throw for 300 yards and 2 Td's and Cj rushes for 2 TD's Rob kicks 3 FG's then we lose.

Charger 34 Titans 28

BTW all of our emotional games lead to tons of penalties. so go ahead and give the Chargers free 60 yards.

4. SifuSoul

SifuSoul Camp Fodder

Not very high. I wanna say low teens in rushing and 24 or so in passing. You have to remember, that this is, in large part, due to our early whippings by Jacksonville and New England, combined with Bills/Rams/Dolphins going pass heavy in the 4th Qtr. Defensive yardage rankings, especially through the air(I believe), really don't tell you that much.

SD is like, 21 in Run D and not all that high in Run O either. LT does have 15 TDs, The Chargers know how to finish in the red-zone.

We can not man up really any of SD's receiving threats (WAY too big. They avg like 6' 5") and without Bulluck's billion mile long arms clogging passing lanes in short zones,I imagine SD will find success in the passing game. Having said that, we're gonna have to give Rivers a lot of different looks, and with the right kind of pressure (Tony Brown should be back this week) we can get a couple picks. Hopefully.

But, when you get down to it, this game will probably be a shoot out. And this is the first time in a long time I've felt the Titans can win a shoot out. The offense (and defense, and special teams for that matter) have yet to put together a full game this season. Now would be a great time for it. With more time for Vince's leg to heal, giving him the needed follow through for his short passing game, I actually think we can take advantage of SD's blitz heavy defensive scheme. We eliminate stupid penalties, take advantage of the deep ball like we did against Miami, and stay patient with CJ, this team can beat any in the League.

This will require a perfect effort, just like last year against the Steelers. We've done it before, we've had back to back to back learning experiences (Dumb mistakes in Indy, a lackidasial effort against the Rams, and taking the foot of the throat against Miami). Now is the time when good teams put it together.

We've yet to see this teams full potential, so I honestly don't know if they're capable of beating the Chargers, but I imagine that if the Offense plays with the explosiveness that I believe is capable of, and the Defense can hang in there, we have a shot. Hopefully, Special teams (which were better last week than I've ever seen them) plays at a high enough level to get us some good field position to make this easier.

5. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

The players I worry about the most are Sproles and Gates. These 2 could cause some serious issues with the loss of KB. If we get it worked out and run a lot of nickel, I actually think we have a good shot.

Titans 30 - SD - 24

6. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

The Titans are either going to come out BIG and make this an embarrassing blow out against the Chargers, or we will be the ones to get blown out.

If they can stop CJ (By that I mean he doesn't have a huge game), like most defenses are doing lately, then we are going to lose this game.

So I beleive it will be:

Titans 41 Chargers 17 (If the Titans come out on fire and get turnovers)

Titans 17 Chargers 41 (If the Titans play mediocre football)

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I agree with that. But if the Chargers players are even 10% as worried about "revenge" as their fans seem to be then they'll rack up the penalties as well. I expect plenty of bonehead penalties from both teams.

This game is going to be very very tough. San Diego is on fire and has tons of weapons. I'm just hoping the short week and traveling across the country takes its toll on them. And I truly believe we want this game more than them. I know that on paper it looks like a sure fire loss but I think we can pull this one out.

Titans 34 Chargers 31

8. Jabomb

Jabomb Camp Fodder

Titans 37-34

This is one game I would save the CJ run show for the 2nd half. I say use VY and come out passing. Tire out that D-line with lots of passing rushing. Second half they won't have the capacity to keep up with CJ.

CJ hasn't been as strong second half lately. As much as I hate seeing him replaced, spelling in a 2nd back a little more saves the best of CJ for the 4th quarter against a tired D.

9. TitanPredBrent

TitanPredBrent Camp Fodder

whatifsports says Titans 25 Chargers 24 but I say Titans 24 Chargers 23. Got a gut feeling about this one. Am I correct in assessing that if the Titans win out, Baltimore beats Pit but lose at Oakland, 1 loss by the Jags and Jets and the Broncos lose both, not only the Titans are in but the # 5 seed? If so, that is incredible!

10. Eriday

Eriday Camp Fodder

Eriday

If we can get good pressure on Rivers(Titans 24 Chargers 21) If we don't get to Rivers early and often(Chargers 35 Titans 17)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar