Titans @ Chargers AFC Wild Card Playoffs Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Just in case any Atlanta Falcon front office folks are spying on this site....

Jim Schwartz is a great coach. Not often in my life have I seen one individual who was such a great leader, but also sufficiently into the details to quickly shift and adjust to a multitude of changing situations. Someone of his caliber is destined to be a head coach. It is unfortunate for us, but we will need to find the ability to go on without him. For obvious reasons to the Falcons, but to also allow us to have sufficient offseason time to recover, it is better to make the hire sooner rather than later. It is heartbreaking that he has to go, but I will somehow find the strength to go on.

Now back to reality:

Before the season I thought that we would be 9-7, and out of the playoffs. We basically had no proven offensive skill position talent besides VY, and our defense had lost a major playmaker (Pac Man.....don't get me wrong, I think that in the long run this absence was better for Pac Man and the team, assuming he stays out of trouble). 10-6 and wildcard...I am very pleased with our season overall.

Yesterday hurt....but was not surprising. We were banged up, and were playing one of the most talented teams in the NFL on their home field. I was hopeful at halftime, but forgot that Charger offensive coaches would make adjustments that we could not counter (the "red hat" syndrome). Lack of offense was disappointing, but we were playing a very formidable defense with basically 4 offensive starters out and one gimpy.

Bring on the offseason, and pray that Pac Man has grown up a bit.

On another subject, this weekend's AFC playoff matchups will be very fun to watch. Jags-Pats will be especially good, IMO.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

:biglaugh:

Thanks man, I needed that.

3. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i agree it will be dangerous with courtland and pac. courtland will have a full year of being a starting corner in the nfl. the only knock i have on finnegan is sometimes he wants to play to physical and bites on double moves but other than that i cant wait till 08

4. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

look everyone knows that our defense got us to the playoffs this year not our offense.. our offense is just missing a couple of pieces to this puzzle.. 1st we need a playmaking wr.. someone that can really go get the ball and put fear in opposing defenses about the deep ball.. i love justin gage but he is more a possesion reciever. moulds is as well.. i know everyone is bashing on our recieving core but lets face it everyone knows we cant throw deep so they hang on the short pass and that why are passing game looks so bad.. atleast last year we had bennet and he could go get a deep ball every now and then.. we need some one that can stretch the fiel every now and again.. also lendale needs some company in the back field..i like lendale he's a powerfull runner and has good not great vision but he is not a eddie george like workhorse that we can give the ball to 30-40 times a game.. at usc lendale was the power back and reggie was the speed back and we need that here.. we need a shifty back that can get outside and make people miss.. unfortunatley i dont think chris brown or chris henrey are the answer here.. i may be wrong but im just going with my gut feeling.. i think we did ok this year.. we are coming along nicely we just need a little more help.. but im not going to lie yesterdays loss really upset me and i hate loosing to a team like the chargers especially after they opened thier big mouths and we couldnt shut it for them

5. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

There is no madden curse it is called the sophmore slump, VY will be fine next year but I have a feeling Norm Chow might get the boot in the offseason. Bironas should make the PB next year based on 50+ yard FG's not amount of FG's.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I don't seriously believe in a curse either...but it is what it is...

7. dgood

dgood Guest

Trade Vince Young away for a 3rd round pick and try to get a quality QB in there. Our offense just sucked this year, despite having what I think are some quality WR's, and TE's. I sat there watching the game just thinking about how WR were getting open here and there, and Young wasn't finding them.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

wow

what color is the sky in your world?

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

wow. That punter just kicked Indy's *** too. 66 yards.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

yellow I believe. I'm not sure but I think everything in WI is made out of cheese.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar