Titans @ Chargers AFC Wild Card Playoffs Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnnybow

johnnybow Guest

yeah

2. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

YEAR END REVIEW:

1. VY will be fine. He is making progress, and learning. I get as pissed with him as the next man, but as always I come to my senses and realize that he is a SECOND YEAR QUARTERBACK period! 3 yr project remember??? He will be better next season, remember he's no Eli Manning....lol

2. Running game will be better next year. LW got a taste of success, and will want more for himeslf as a pro. He will turn that Fat into muscle this offseason and be even more of a beast. Chris Henry will be ok, too. He will buy a compass and find the holes next season as our relief back. Chrissy Brown is gone, I wanted him gone to begin with.

3. We need a reciever or two. We have a lotta cash, and if a marquee name comes up, we better go get 'em.

4. TE is a def. need too. Play making TE's are rare, but if we can get a Security Blanket TE, one that can catch a check down pass and gain 5-10 yac, then we will be good.

5. Defense is pretty solid. We need pac back, Chris Hope has got to get healthy, Tully should have been starting all season in place of the other guy (Can't even remember his name...oh yeah, Brian Fowling), and I am on the fence about spending big bucks on a D-lineman that can't stay his arse on the field, but hell we got the cash, spend it!!

and lastly,

We can say what we will, but my whole gripe is with the coaching staff. The game is about adjustments, and Coaches make those, not players. When you can have such a change in momentum after halftime it's obvious who made adjustments and who didn't.

JEFF FISHER: Needs to be the damn HEADCOACH! Down and distance, Challenges, fourth down calls, whether to run a fake, onside kick and other in game situations is what he should be concerned about and not any other thing coaching wise.

NORM CHOW: Chow is no offenseive guru, and the fact that he can't get offense on track, has suspect playcalling, goes predictable, and conservative means he needs to GO! People say that Fish is "Influencing" the offense, and making suggestions on what to run. I think this is Bull crap!! but if he is or isn't then Chow needs to go and we need to get a Coordinator in here that has the balls to tell Fish to MIND HIS BUSINESS, and that they are going to run the offense that they know how to run, not some damn YES MAN!

JIM SCHWARTZ: He needs to go, plain and simple. He is a coach that has peaked. He is not going to get anymore out of the defense than he has, and his time has come. His schemes are tired, boring and plain. The players don't believe in his corny azz system, and willed themsevles to play as well as they have in spite of Jim Schitz. The time when they needed him to come up with something they were failed. His time has come, and It will pain me to see him stay for another season. Bring on one of the Ryan Boys!

Overachieving rarely, under performing often, but a good season nonetheless.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Tell me what you would do offensively. It's not like the Titans didn't run from a spread formation some yesterday. It isn't like Young didn't look to run a few times either. They ran a reverse. They ran from the E&H formation.

Lack of offensive talent, inferior to average play by Young and mistakes killed this offense.

When the offense was effective, it was because they ran the football and Young hit those 7-10 yard passes.

The only beef I have is with the red zone calls.

This team had to play mistake-free yesterday and didn't.
    http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080107/SPORTS01/801070379/1027

4. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Both of course our offense sucked again no touchdowns!! I believe we need a new offensive cordinator bad. It's funny how we start the game hitting everything within 5 or 6 yards and then,we get to the sed zone and we get stuck! For the love of god what the hell is going on ?? We need to adress the WR position and also we need to keep so many players that is going to be interesting how this plays. Regardless of what we do please keep the same players on the defense, the offensive line can be overhaul completely..

5. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

6. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

FIRE MR. MORIMOTO NOW!!!:yes:

7. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Yes Jeff you are right they did all of that stuff you listed ONCE plus ran the ball up the middle 999 times
    I'm not a coach so i can't tell you what plays to run You're not either. If you knew the answers you wouldn't have time to run this forum. You'd be paid Millions to run a team, But i can tell you this. ID BE MORE CREATIVE. TEAMS WOULDN'T KNOW AUTOMATICALLY WHAT PLAY WAS COMING.

Anyone who has no problem with our coaching is one of 2 things

Dishonest...

or a flat out Jeff fisher HOMER

There is SOMETHING wrong with our coaching. We may or may not be sure what exactly it is. But something isn't right!
    You cannot have 8 out of 10 years of sub par offense and not be something wrong there

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Look at the better offenses in the game. Are they successful because they have complex offenses which keep defenses guessing or do they have the talent who execute the basics well?

The Titans have played to their strengths which is the run game. Young is still learning the game. As he learns, I'm sure more and more options in offense can be explored.

Look at last season. Vince looked at his first read. If it was covered, he bolted. Now, he works through his progressions. He's just a bit too slow and it led to too many INT and sacks.

He'll get better. When he does, the offense will too.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Our coaching staff doesn't make adjustments very well. We seem to do well first half and then fizzle. Especially the offense. They scored NOTHING in the second half which followed a no TD first half. Piss poor.

We moved the ball in the first half with VY out of the pocket on a few plays. He made a first down. He got clobbered when he was in the pocket. He didn't when he was out. I don't understand why we drafted a "duel threat" QB if we are going to make him improve the weaker part of his game EVEN WHEN THE SEASON IS ON THE LINE.

I just don't get it.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I didn't get to see the game (I know shame on me, but I was preoccupied with someone else...), but from highlights our O-line looked like it crumpled rather quickly in passing situations. Not that anyone was allowed to rush freely, but our players were pushed backward giving Young very little room to move around. We need to be able to maintain a pocket for more than 1½ second if we want Young to be successful throwing the ball. Either that or have more designed rollout pass plays.

Also did Loper play the entire game as bad as he did on the one sack, where he completely failed to even put a hand on the defender?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar