Titans cap room relative to teams and targets.............

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freeney will be franchised, as will Jared Allen. Little has already signed. Kerney and Grant aren't free agents unless they get cut. Smith is a 2nd tier guys. Thomas is probably the only stud DE available, and he'll demand an insane contract.

2. Why would Fred Taylor come here to share carries with LenDale? He can be a starter for a number of teams. I'd love to add him, but I don't think it's realistic...

3. I'd like to bring in one of the following 2 DTs: Rod Coleman or Cory Redding (or both).

4. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Redding is a waste...............Coleman i like.............Sands is a guy..............but SK i got a shocker for you..........we keep winning and our first rounder sinks.................I go after Geathers the RFA from the Bengals out of UGA..............he has ten and half sacks and he is a stud...........he is worth a round pick and he would be cheap

5. I haven't watched Redding this year, but he does have 7 sacks in the last 8 weeks since they have started him at DT. He can't be too bad with those numbers...

But I don't see them giving up their first round pick (or even 1st and 3rd) for a RFA, plus a big enough contract to keep the Bengals from matching.

And sands, well I don't know that he fits what the Titans do defensively unless they change schemes...

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No way......

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I was going by the FA list on The Huddle report and they have Kerney and Grant listed as FAs, with Allen being a RFA along with Geathers. I still think that Adalius Thomas really needs to be given high consideration because our goal is to beat the COlts and Thomas would allow us to be more flexible in terms of switching our looks up between 3-4 and 4-3.

It looks like their are going to be a number of young guards who are solid in Steinbach, Diehlman, and Manuwai. I wouldn't mind using the 6mil that Olson and Pillar are going to cost to get a young experienced guy.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Personally I would rather keep Henry than bring Taylor in anyway because I think Taylor is on the downside. Heck with Taylor and White we would have to make sure we had a reliable #3 because of the injury factor.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Then I'm pleased. :ha:

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Fred Taylor?.........oh lord....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar