Titans/ Bucs postgame thoughts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

gage is slow and cant get open unless he runs a hook route or the CB trips over his shoelaces.

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Fisher reported Vince isn't gonna start at Dallas on friday. But he probably will get some snaps with the starting offense. And Kenny Britt may take some punt returns. Isn't this game coming on national tv? I hope so because i don't want to watch another game on my laptop. It was awful. But at least i saw the game.

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

AHHHH!!!!! It's coming on FOX, the worst television broadcasting station in America. F@@K!!! Hopefully we spoil there opening day and own their stadium.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It was an eventful game for my cousins and I. A couple of strange things happened. An off-duty cop accused us of stealing a fellow officer's binoculars, claiming that we were the last people to walk by him. Ten minutes later, after throwing a hissy fit, he returns to apologize. He said that his little boy knocked them over and the binoculars fell under the seats in front of him... sounds like a logical conclusion that could have been drawn before b*tching, cussing, and blaming my cousins who are 14 years old. Way to go metro police!... at least he had the balls to apologize, but what an asswipe.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Man, why do you post when you can never follow what's going on?
    By you saying I lied about liking the pick means you were referring to the post where I said "I like the pick".

Like. Means CURRENT. I NEVER claimed that I liked the pick at first. I didn't.

LIKED = past tense.

Just never respond again until you can have a normal conversation and be fully aware of what you or others are saying.

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Better than watching it on WKRN, f'ing constant signal freezes and then an a total loss for nearly 5 minutes. Was f'ing pathetic that they can't host 3 hours worth of football but they can host the other 21 hours of crap just fine. :grrr::irked::grrr:

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I completely forgot to talk about the game itself. :grrhee: Basic stuff...

Kerry sucked.

CJ looked flat.

Our starters, for the most part looked flat. Wtf is up with our running game? Is the absence of Kevin Mawae and the presence of Leroy Harris the difference??? It's been pathetic, and our team should easily be top 5 in rushing.

Vince looked very sharp with the exception of not falling on the ball on the bad 3rd down snap. I was proud of Vincy. I made sure to cheer extra loud for him on his two deep passes... he needs to know that if he can play well, fans will embrace him. It's not like we want to see him fail.

All in all, I'm not too worried about Kerry's poor performance. He was most likely just taking advantage of preseason and trying to get some deep balls in... Nate should have caught the other pass in the endzone with single coverage though.

I really can't put my finger on the lack of a running game, but it should be getting better as preseason progresses. It seemed like we were playing Norm ball with the running game. Also, the fact that we were tossing the ball to CJ and Chris Henry on the short side of the field was a little foolish. CJ needs space. Give it to him and let him go to work.

9. jreal26

jreal26 Camp Fodder

A couple thoughts on the game:

1. First team offense needs to establish a little rhythm in the running game. Teams are gonna stunt and play games to stop the run but we can't allow that to stop our running game from producing. We're built to run the ball against 8 or 9 man fronts and we can't get away from that.

2. Cortland Finnegan is one tough SOB! This dude lives and breathes contact! He absolutely lights up the TE Stevens on one play. Classic Finnegan!

3. VY showing improvement. Very encouraged to see Vince keeping his eyes downfield and making teams respect his legs. He's most effective when he's looking downfield but also has the option of running. Not necessarily designed run plays. Just taking off when nothing is there and being decisive when he indeed is going to run. After he runs for a 1st down or 2, teams naturally overreact to his movement and open up passing lanes.

4. Kenny Britt and Jared Cook will be marquee players for this Franchise. I can't remember the last time I've seen 2 receiving threats for this team show so much potential so soon. Britt has that swagger that makes me feel confident he will be a premiere wideout. Dude gets separation and has shown that he will fight for the football! He doesn't shy from contact either. (Check out Britt's block on Vinces' scramble!)

Jared Cook is just as steady as one could ask. He's big, strong, and fast. He's a mismatch for DB's and LB's. He will only help to create those one on one matchups for Washington and et al.

5. Dallas will be a great test for this team. With Pittsburgh just a few weeks away, we're fortunate to have a tuneup like Dallas on our PreSeason schedule. Our Oline and running game need this dress rehearsal. Dallas is physical on both sides of the ball and they will also test our DLine rotation in the run game. Our ones v their ones will mean something. In 2007 we played the Patriots in the PreSeason and we put a great deal of pressure on Brady. We struggled offensively but we battled along the O and D Lines. This will be a similar type game in which it's pre-season but it will give you an idea of what to expect of our team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar