Titans @ Browns Preseason OGT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TennesseeTitans, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Are the first cuts his week? Don't be surprised to see Ramsey there.

2. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

game is on right now on NFL Network, still first quarter....and it is an incredible broadcast compared to the local live airing yesterday.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

then why didn't he slide?????

I bet in a regular season game he looks off that defender instead of lobbing the ball to him for a pick-6, cause its only preseason and all.

what a load. Two meltdown mental errors that were at least a 10 point swing, if not a 14 point swing. To VYs credit he did come back and play decent after the pick-6

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Football is an interesting sport in many ways. If Lebron makes a terrible mistake and turns the ball over, the opposing team gets 2 points (about 2% of the entire score). If Pujols looks at 3 straight strikes right down the middle, it's a single out (3-4% of their entire outs for the game).

In football, a quarterback (the only man on the field that touches the ball every offensive down) can make a single mistake and give the opposing team 7 points. In a sport where teams are scoring 14-17-21 points a game, we're talking about 35-50% of an entire game broken down to one mistake.

In other sports its easy to make up for these. In football, the NFL specifically, you simply can't make mistakes. The entire week of work leading up to a Sunday afternoon can be all for nothing for a 53-man roster and coaching staff if a single player makes 1 bonehead mistake.

I prefer to have a leader who keeps mistakes at a minimum, for whatever reason there are still those who do not.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I assumed upon clicking your post that this was going to be some VY hatred, but I read it anyway because when you're not hating on Vince you can make some very good points. This is one of the latter. You broke that down quite well, sir, and offer a new perspective as to just how crucial and important a 'game manager' can be. Once again, great post sir.

6. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

White showed some nice bursts, when the o-line managed to open up a hole.

CJs hands is getting better, but they are still crappy.

Britt'n'Cook - please stay injuryfree...

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

White showed some nice bursts, when the o-line managed to open up a hole.

CJs hands is getting better, but they are still crappy.

Britt'n'Cook - please stay injuryfree...

Defense needs to step it up. This isn't the LFL.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am guessing he was in two minds about what to do dive and slide and thats what made it look awkward.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Whether you agree with me really depends on whether you think he was smart to tuck the ball back. I think he was smart to do that. He would be less than useless injured. The part that was sarcasm was the very last part about the prima donna narcissistic attitude... which has a degree of truth to it but I'm not trying to emphasize it. The dude was just trying to score. I have to be fair. I was just having a chuckle calling him out for making it a keeper.

As for calling my post a "long damn run-on sentence"... it had ten punctuation marks in it! :lol:

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Titans80

Titans80 Do ya thang!

I'm gonna post that on your tombstone!:grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar