Titans bringing in Roderick Hood Tuesday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by thawardasa, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Should have kept Carr, this wouldnt even be an issue.

If we do find a good one, we better not let him go cause of our cheapness.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

*sigh* Stupid people just don't listen.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

[​IMG]

4. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

Here is what I found on this guy who I have never heard of though he apparently has been playing for 7 years.
    from this September:

"Hood can be a tough, physical defensive back with decent hands if placed in the right role, preferably as a nickel back. He was very serviceable two years ago, but was burned on a consistent basis in 2008 when he began the season in the starting lineup for the Arizona Cardinals. He can certainly fill in for Charles Tillman until he gets back."

and "Because of Hood's extensive playing experience in man coverage, the Browns had strong interest him him because they are expected to go to more man coverage this season."

Also, I do not see that he has ever returned punts just KO which does make a differnce so I seeing this guy as a emergency CB signing and one of KRs.

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I'd kinda like for us not to sign any new CB - and just let Fisher and Cecil fill in for a few games. I think they need to be reminded of what it's like out there.

Crumpler can handle punt returns for us. Just catch the ball and get a few yards and I'll be happy. All kickoffs should just go through the endzone. Really - how much does the extra 5 yards on average do for you anyway? Touchback, guaranteed possession. Music to my ears.

6. kstone

kstone Starter

As long as he does not fumble on kick returns and punts, I say he can be a good fit.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Rod Hood will not return punts or kickoffs, he would strictly be Defensive help.

Where is JUSTIN MILLER?? Dude serves 2 purposes, CB depth and PRO-BOWL RETURNER!

8. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

If we don't sign Miller in the predicament were in this week we'll never ever sign him. Unfortunately.

9. 24

24 Starter

There must be something wrong with him.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, he played for the raiders. no matter how many times you take a shower the smell stays with you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar