Titans blew it...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanFan4Life, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

We would have played indy right???. enough said, Manning is meat in the playoffs, even with the Indys Defensive surge, we could have beat them

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

you're right.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Agreed. We didn't have that extra team gear when we needed it.

4. DannyPitts

DannyPitts "Put a Sock in It" champ

Y'all can say we blew it all you want, but you can't expect too much. We weren't even supposed to win 5 games this year, but proved everyone (including myself) wrong. I'm glad we got as far as we did. Next year is a different story though. We're going to the playoffs. And yes, write that down.

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

The playoffs are all but over. One more and it is the super bowl. Please define "meat" with someone who has a win or lose shot at the big show.

6. TD10

TD10 Camp Fodder

I knew from the beginning of the year we would improve based on our free agent pick ups, I was incredibly dissapointed at the start of the season and Collins gave us no chance to win. To end up at .500 was incredible. Honestly we weren't ready for the playoffs. It would have been great to get in there, but we would not have made it far, we still have too many weeknesses. I think next year w/ our expierence and another offseason with good FA pick ups like last year that there will be no way we are not in the playoffs.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

In case you haven't noticed, the Colts are a totally different team right now. I have to give Dungy credit. He said he knew they would be OK, and have the right people back in time. They are peaking when they need to, just like the Pats.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Where are my heart pills........

9. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

Here is a crazy thought!

After seeing the way the playoffs panned out, I think the Pats screwed themselves. This is just a thought, but if the Pats had played scrubs in that final game and basically given the Titans a free pass into the playoff, the Titans would have played the Colts in the first round. Now the Titans split with the Colt during the regular season and the loss could have very easily been a Titans win. In other word the Titans played the Colts very tough this year. Now Indy didn't play all that well in the first round of the playoff but they played KC, who played even worse. I personally think that the Titans had a much beter chance of beating Indy than any other team in the playoffs, because of how well we know them. Had we beaten the colts, I think that the Pats would be going to the SB. So, they basically screwed themselves, serves them right if you ask me.

10. Its all a 'what if' discussion now, we coulda beaten the pats, but we didn't, and the fact that we finished 8-8, means that the titans shouldn't really be in the play-offs in my opinion...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar