Titans @ Bills Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I have a feeling Lamont might surprise a lot of us doubters and maybe even gain a few more fans by the end of the year.

2. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

aint that how most teams get interceptions. If no team ever put pressure on the qb there wouldnt be to many interceptions, i dont care how good there secondary is. And oh yeah!! vince young got pressure on him more than losman all night, and he didnt throw any picks, so whats up with that??? , Heck vince had people hangin on to his legs and stuff.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well yeah...if you struggle to count to two. :)

4. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

Every time this team does something good people shoot it down. you criticize the team when they do bad, but nobody has anything to say when they do good. there were a million threads about the titans last week when they didnt do so good, i got on here the same time i did last week and there wasnt a thread about how good they looked. so called fans i guess.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Over-exaggeration aside, all post game threads go into the one thread. And there has been plenty of positive things said.

If you had bothered to read his post, he said the INT is a result of QB pressure. When we don't get pressure we are exposed (which is true). The INT may have been a gift but was a result of QB pressure, which is a positive thing.

There were plenty of positives mentioned about, Vince Young, Chris Brown and LenDale White. Roydell Williams, Michael Griffin, even when he was burned.

6. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Lamont: the player himself is terrible. i've said so before. he can't play FS. he just... does whatever. if he gets good positioning on a ball, sure he'll get an INT. he's been terribly lucky we're getting pressure and his "miss my assignment and just look for the ball" routine has worked. Michael Griffin has shown he can be in good position to snatch up a ball and still be doing his work. IMO i'd take Griffin [making a few rookie mistakes] lighting it up at FS than a LT that does whatever and gets a few lucky grabs. if we didn't have such pressure, nobody would be tossing it up for grabs. Griffin plays the receiver too much, sure. but he's a rookie. he'll fall for Evans' slow and burn technique. but i think Madden 08 got it right. Griffin - #27 - FS - 89. :)

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

hes making interceptions with a cast on his wrist, right now, hes doing a damn good job playing FS.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

In recent years, the Titans set up screens horribly. They tried to impersonate New England, throw to a WR off the snap, and give a DB a free shot at our WR because it was set up so horribly. We had some success with the screen and check offs against the Bills. Of course it wasn't our WR's, but our RB's. I certainly hope that becomes the norm in the regular season.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i really believe it's just a matter of time before we see the not-so-reliable lamont in the regular season. at this point in the year offenses are not scheming to take advantage of players' weaknesses. come the regular season when teams try to isolate lamont on slot WRs and TEs we'll start to see the slow to react, sissy-tackling, td-allowing good ole lamont thompson.

[​IMG]

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

ok, roy williams has been stiffarmed by chris brown, does that make roy williams un-reliable??? until Lamont starts playing worse, we start him, simple as that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar