Titans @ Bills Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Please post all game-related content in this thread AFTER the game. This includes topics on player performance, broadcast, etc.

:yes:

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Positives.

Vince Young looked .. amazing? Yeah thats the word. He was running the show out there. Thank god hes back in rhythm.

LenDale White and Chris Brown. Either one could start and id be happy. Both looked good. White was poppin 6 and 7 yard gains. Some 1s and 0s but all in all he looked great.

Scaife. Besides that one horrible drop he looked great. Will most likely lead the team in catches.

D Line. Getting pressure all night. Cant get any better then that.

Lamont Thompson... yes Lamont Thompson. Hate him if you want but he is the starter at FS this season. Im not gonna say I like it but if he plays the way hes played in the preseason I have no problem with it.

Negatives.

Pass D. Harper and Griffin both got burned.

Other then that I cant find anymore negatives. Maybe our kickers?

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Lots of positives to take from this one. Vince looks comfortable and made the most of his opportunities. White made some nice carries as did Brown in the second half. The defense continues to look much better than last year against the run. Griffin proved he has a lot to learn in coverage but I liked his run support.

It's just preseason but I left this one feeling much better about the upcoming season.

4. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Titans Win Second of the Preseason Over Bills 28-17

SUMMARY: If last week left Titans fans concerned about QB Vince Young and the first team offense, the performance tonight in a 28-17 win over the Bills should restore faith. Young was 13-19 for 162 yards with a TD in the first half making a number of accurate passes including a dropped pass to TE Bo Scaife in the endzone. Questions about LenDale White being able to challenge for the Titans #1 RB spot may now ease after a 11 carry for 51 yard game rushing with another 23 yards through the air. Chris Brown also added another 42 yards to a strong preseason performance with another 25 yards through the air. Backup QB Kerry Collins had two TD passes in the third quarter which was enough to secure the Titans second win of the preseason. Defensively, despite giving up 399 yards of offense, a number of starters rested on the sidelines and Bills rookie RB Marshawn Lynch was held to only nine yards on nine carries.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

5. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Ditto. I'm looking forward to this season.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The offense really got on a roll. At least until Tim stepped in, I don't think we're going to keep him. White is our starting RB, but brown is going to get some time too. That Ealy kid looks good, he should at least get on the PS.

I'll admit it, LT looked better tonight than he has in quite a while. If he starts week one, he's earned it. That being said, I would still start lowry, the hitter.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

our defense didnt look as good as it did in previous games, but it still dominated, our starting defense has given up 27 points in 5 quarters of work. not bad.

8. ONUV

ONUV Starter

we've looked above average against 2 non-playoff teams and pretty bad against a playoff team.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That TD over Griffin was weird. He was with him all the way and then was suddenly steps behind.

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I think Evans pulled one on him, he slowed up noticing Griffin was watching him more than the ball, he slowed up acting like the beat the ball to the connection point, so Griffin slowed too, then he put the speed back up to get to the ball in time, Griffin wasnt expecting it and couldnt react in time, was a nice move by Evans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar