Titans BIGGEST Need?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Mar 8, 2010.

?
  1. DE

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. CB

18 vote(s)
    52.9%
  3. LB

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  4. Other

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

With the upcoming draft, i've been doing alot of research. I'd say 99.99% of mock drafts have the Titans taking a DE in the 1st round. But why?

At DE:
    Jacob Ford and William Hayes - correct? Or are they FAs?
    Sure we lost KVB and probably Kearse, but they're old anyways. And I think Marks could play DE. But we don't really need a starting DE, or do we?

At LB:
    McRath - Tulloch - Thornton (possibly Bulluck)
    We also have Keglar, young and has potential.

At CB:
    We have Finnegan and _______ and Mouton/McCourty
    Mouton and McCourty are both young and have potential. Not to mention we could get a CB thats a returner. :yes:

So what exactly is our BIGGEST need in the 1st round? CB, LB, or DE? :wink2:

2. xpmar9x

Also take in account that DE are VERY deep in this years draft. CB, not so much. LB are ok.

I think we should still trade down, late first.
    Option A:
    Draft Kyle Wilson (CB/KR), DE in the 2nd, LB in 3rd.
    Option B:
    Draft Everson Griffen, LB in 2nd, Javier Arenas in 3rd.

...man I wish we still had our 2nd! Should have just drafted Cook and gotten Mouton in the 4th or w/e. (but that's a different story).

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I voted CB. As you pointed out, this CB class is really shallow and we're thin at CB even if we do sign a FA. So hopefully we take Earl Thomas, Taylor Mays, Kyle Wilson, Devin McCourty or Joe Haden with our 1st.

4. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Whomever we get, I hope they start immediately and not have to develop their blocking skills, learn the playbook, etc. We just need one more stud on defense and one more stud on offense, and hopefully one of those studs is also a kick return stud.
    I'd even be up for getting rid of all our lower round picks so that we can just draft in top 3 rounds.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm with this. It'll never happen because Fisher is too stingy with picks.

6. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Quantity not quality; I hate it! Although we did snag Finny one year.

7. SARGO127

SARGO127 Starter

I'd be happy with one of Haden, JPP, Morgan, Graham, Witherspoon, McClain in round one.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

DT should probably be on this poll. If the team gets a stud DT, suddenly DE and CB don't seem like such big needs.

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I think we should go either CB or LB in the draft and pick up some dline FA and get some young guns in the late rounds. Jim washburn doesn't need a star, just talent.

10. xpmar9x

TitansJonne your so right. Anyone ever heard of Jacob Ford or William Hayes before they were drafted? No.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar