Titans @ Bengals Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Time for another one of those "players only" meetings. KVB and/or KB need to get the defense together and get some people to step up and be accountable for the team and their freaking paycheck.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

And stopping the run, we have been gashed for the last 6 weeks. We lack attitude on Defense, and that's all defense is about. Maybe all of Jeff's Fisherisms and cliches have made him soft, mentality starts at the top with him.

3. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Titans Embarrassed by Bengals 35-6

SUMMARY: The Titans lost their third consecutive game in embarrassing fashion to the 4-7 Bengals 35-6 today. The Titans defense, once again without Albert Haynesworth (hamstring) gave up big yardage on the ground as the Bengals generated 148 yards on the way to maintaining possession for 38:30. Carson Palmer bounced back from a four INT game last week to throw for 283 yards including three TDs to Chad Johnson. The Titans once again sputtered in the run game generating only 55 yards between LenDale White and Chris Brown. Vince Young went 19-for-31 for 246 but had only six yards rushing and no TDs. Justin Gage was the Titans leading receiver with 98 yards including a 73-yard reception. The Titans were only able to generate two FGs in five red zone attempts.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

TJ.. thanks for fixing the site bro.. :tj:
    This week handled the pressure much better than last.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Good posts by Bobo and TitanJeff.

I agree, it's not one problem, it's many. While the playcalling on defense was still poor, it wasn't as bland as in weeks past. The defense had some serious poor tackling on otherwise decent calls. But their were definately questionable calls defensively, so their is plenty of blame to go around.

This is the first time this season we've been owned. It hurts that its on a three game losing streak to boot. But I still think the potential is there for this team to turn it around and be playoff bound. I will still believe this is a playoff team until we get a 7th loss.

Vince Young hasn't looked exceptional, but much better than in the early weeks of the season. The running game clearly has potential, all RBs have had their moment. The O-line is a good point, I'm concerned about what was supposed to be a major strength. The WR/TEs are a disappointment so far, but Gage has come on and Scaife has looked somewhat better.

On Defense, without Albert we will lose. That's sad, but true. He will have to continue to have the kind of career season he was in the first half of the season. I don't know if its the backup DTs, the MLB, or the playcalling that is allowing huge runs up the middle all day, but it has to stop. So far all the Titans D has proven is they are nothing without Albert.

5 weeks to go, and we are knocking on heaven's door. Better get some life now or it's time to think about 2008. Houston, San Diego, at Kansas City, NY Jets, at Indy. Gotta win 4 out of 5, I hope making the playoffs doesn't come down to Indy, but it likely will.

All of us that go to the games, we better be damn loud next Sunday cause this team needs it.

6. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

absolutely digusted today, i was embarassed to wear a titan jersey at the bar this afternoon

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Then jump off the bandwagon and have another drink, fairweather...

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ a little harsh
    he had a reason to be embarrased

actually he should be angry

the coaching staff is letting us down tremendously
    there is absolutely no way this is all Al's doing

9. CNYTitanFan

CNYTitanFan Guest

"We knew who they were and we let 'em off the hook. Now if you wanna crown their a*&, then crown their a*#" :grrr:

Maybe a little Dennis Green out of Jeff Fisher....nah...You'll never see that happen.

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

When it comes down to it, it really doesn't matter how well Vince Young plays.. When Mr. Miagi has no clue how to score touchdowns on 5 red zone visits, we'll continue to lose games regardless of the 265-300 yards which Vince will pass for every week. VY has done an exceptional job during the last couple of weeks.. but its becoming clear that he's alone in the offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar