Titans believe three should go to Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains says wide receiver Kendall Wright should make this year’s Pro Bowl, while defensive coordinator Jerry Gray believes defensive tackle Jurrell Casey and cornerback Alterraun Verner have earned a trip to Hawaii.

The Pro Bowl players will be announced Friday at 8 p.m. on the NFL Network.

Wright’s 89 receptions rank seventh in the NFL and his 1,029 receiving yards rank eighth. His 29 third-down receptions are tied for third in the league.

A slot receiver, Wright has averaged 11.6 yards per catch, almost two yards more than he did as a rookie last year.

“I think Kendall Wright, no doubt, should be in the Pro Bowl,” Loggains said. “I think his third-down production speaks for itself.

“The most skewing stat there for Kendall Wright is yards per catch because he’s a slot receiver. You have to separate those guys and say, `He’s not asked to play “X” like Justin Hunter and Nate Washington are … Kendall should be moving the chains and I think Kendall’s as good as there is a slot receiver in the NFL.”

Casey has posted career highs of 90 tackles and 10.5 sacks, while Verner has career bests of five interceptions and 25 passes defensed.

“You look at a guy like Jurrell Casey, I think that’s obvious,” Gray said. “You look at Vern and I thought he did a great job early making the big splash plays, and then he’s consistently been knocking balls down.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Solid seasons for all three but I'd be shocked if any made it.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

KW has ZERO chance. Nobody knows who the other two are, league-wide, either. Pro Bowl might as well be picked by ESPN talking heads.. because if they don't talk about them 24/7.. they aren't making the Pro Bowl.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Casey should make it, he stands out when voting. Verner should but probably wont. And no way Wright does, no one knows of him.

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I used to think the same way but this year was particularly bad for highly drafted fantasy football receivers and Kendall saved a lot of people's asses. Don't underestimate the power of fantasy football production. I wouldn't be shocked one bit if he makes it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Seems about right. I think Wright and Verner will have the easiest time getting in.

7. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Casey and Vern should be locks. Wright is an unknown commodity.

8. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Casey is the only standout on this team and should make the pro bowl.

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Casey should make it with ease. Could you imagine him playing with someone else that is dominant on the line?

Pro Bowl is a joke and I don't want any Titans playing in that game and risking injury.

Those 3 get honorable mention from us and that's all that counts :)

10. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

There is a nice little bonus check for going to the pro bowl :). I saw an interview with Terry Bradshaw who although happy to win 4 super bowls, is still upset he missed out on those 4 pro bowl paychecks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar