Titans' believe Britt out for the season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by quagliero, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can haz job?
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

if i had to pick between moss n owens to replace britt this year ... hands down id go with owens ... the man who played college in tennessee - moss totally gave up

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Why on earth do we want to put him with his baggage and drama in this lockerroom??? No way...

4. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the division is there for the taking this year and might as well take a chance because what we have at receiver isnt going to cut it without someone out there to draw coverage and get others open. since we seemingly can't run the ball and have turned into a 40 passes per game team there is going to be plenty to go around.

5. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

I think Owens def has a lot more left in the tank than Moss. He had an awesome season last year. I guess it depends on the Injury, but Owens is a stud. He came back from rough injuries to be great multiple times.

I'm actually a pretty big Owens fan. Unline some guys like Pacman, Vince, and now CJ, Owens was a puss little crybaby that his teammates hated, but he never sucked it up on the field. I mean he had his share of dropped passes and average games, but he's never been USELESS to his teams.

If I were picking between Moss and Owens I'd pick Owens too. Didn't think of him until I saw that post.

Lol, I might be the only one on the get TO bandwagon, but whatever on with it. Join me if you will.

That only counts if Britt's out for more than two months though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I really doubt TO would bring any drama, Hasselbeck is good. If CJ ever wakes up from his coma, with a guy like TO for the deep threat, we'd be legit.

What exactly is there to a lose.. ? Another mediocre season? HEAVEN FORBID.

7. LurkerTeach

LurkerTeach Camp Fodder

I think we played all right without Britt today. I mean, it wasn't a blow out, but we did win, and regardless of how good the Broncos may or may not be, they obviously wanted to beat us and we're trying very hard to do just that.

However, I think I agree with you. If he's going to be out for the rest of the season, let's pick up Owens. If it's going to be too dramatic for the locker room, let's just cut or trade him after a couple of games, just like Minnesota did for Moss last season.

These kinds of things rarely turn out great. Why not gamble and go for broke, rather than fizzle and spend the whole season going "boo hoo, we need a good wr". If Owens were here and showed his :moon2:, at least we could all gather together to hate him, rather than just feel bad because our team is so mediocre (which I don't think it is, but if we don't have a decent season, that will be the general consensus).

8. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

we actually have a quarterback now. if Britt is done...bring back Gage. at least test TO. wouldn't hurt to try him out.

9. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

nb

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

What from his past makes you think that his baggage stays at home this time??? Really?? Maybe for a couple of games, then look out IMO.

Every time I think about TO I just remember his time with the Eagles, then the Cowboys. He had a good run with the Eagles in their Super Bowl season, but got hurt at crunch time. Then, with the Cowboys, I just remember him creating havoc in that locker room, and being one (of a few) reasons that arguably the most talented team in the league could not win a playoff game IMO.

I hear you on what do we have to lose, BUT, I think that we would be better off not trying to cure a cold by introducing a malignant tumor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar