Rumor Titans Believe 4-8 Weeks for Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TouchdownTitans, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Bo Jackson ruined his career by standing up and trying to walk after his hip popped back in place. Fortunately, Jake stayed completely still.

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

do you think the whole time jakes thinking...

bo knows....bo knows....bo knows......bo knows.........also it seemed the ol was kinda close to falling on him thank god he regained balance and didnt

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

So you know it's a hip dislocation?!?! Oh I'm sorry I was unaware that you know more than the doctors and the rest of the organization!

4. TitansWillWin2

Bo Jackson was also a lot older when it happened to him. And once again you have no clue if it popped out or not. According to reports it didnt.

5. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

The reason Bo's was so much worse is when his hip popped back in it pinched a blood vessel that circulated blood around the bone and the bone eventually died. Therefore the only option for him was a hip replacement. He never really knew it popped out and back in until he had pain from the bone.

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I do not know for sure, but I can tell you that when I take into account...

1. Jake's reaction.
    2. The fact that it is a hip injury.
    3. The fact that he's expected to be out at least a month.
    4. The fact that Munchak said he "doesn't believe there IS a dislocation."

My theory at this point would be that the hip popped out and back in on the field. Therefore, on X-Rays at the stadium and at the hospital, the hip will appear in place because it is. If there is no structural damage showing on the MRI's, then it's very possible that Munchak and the Titans are Bellicheking here. In other words, I think maybe Munch is saying there "IS" no dislocation, to try to insinuate there wasn't one either when there very likely was. I kinda doubt Jake would have reacted like that to a hip pointer. Perhaps there was no damage done and Jake will be back in a month or so, but I'm pretty sure he suffered a hip dislocation on Sunday.

7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Right on about the blood vessel. However, one of the Raiders medical staff members was quoted as saying (in a joking manner no less) "Bo keeps saying his hip came out and popped back in place for some reason." Later, he realized that Bo was right. He probably couldn't believe Bo was able to walk after a hip dislocation. Very unfortunate. I wish Bo would have known how vitally important it was that he remain still until he received medical treatment.

8. TitansWillWin2

He also continued to play in the game.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Ask any doctor. ANY DOCTOR... the worse thing you can do after any damage to the hip - dislocation or not - is move it or move on it immediately after. Even if it feels fine and doesn't seem that bad. The extra damage this can cause is substantial.

Think about it this way. The hip is, quite possibly, the most awkward joint in the body. Aside from the shoulder, it is one of the only joints that is angled and not "straight". Add on the fact that it is LOAD BEARING. The shoulder isn't load bearing.

Now, factor in all the soft tissue that is surrounding the hip - not to mention a major artery running along it... the hip damage can be minor... but the damage caused afterward can be immense.

I knew a girl back in grade school that fell on her butt while roller skating. No big deal, really. She was picked up and carried to the front to wait for an ambulance or to be taken to the hospital - can't remember which, frankly. She's still on a crutch now and had several surgeries for years after that event.

That was approximately 20+ years ago...

Jake was extremely smart to not move after he felt the damage to his hip. Sure, a "tough guy" would have gotten up to walk off. Unfortunately, tough does not equal smart. Bo Jackson did it and he was done. He was older, sure... but, I guarantee he caused even more damage by being a "tough guy" and moving on it. Stupid move.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RTH

RTH Meh...

And ended his career. Idiot tough-guy.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar