Titans are Suing USC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I have Italian blood, whadda ya gonna do?..BTW...I got more and older stews than that simmering...:suspect:

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:biglaugh:

Big chuckle here. Thanks!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Beaudreaux

Beaudreaux Starter

Nice try, but there is ZERO chance this gets resolved in months, unless it's in multiples of 12. Call any small claims court in Nashville and ask how far out their docket goes, you'll find it to be 4 to 6 months. For state court, it's a joke. Depositions beget more depositions and more discovery, and reasonable time periods for response. Unless a settlement cuts it short, this is 2 to 3 years in the making.

Furthermore "protocol" isn't the legal theory the Titans are suing under. Fisher is a coach, and he is speaking in coaching terms. The legal theory is quite different. Pola told the team HE WASN'T INTERESTED IN USC then broke his written contract. And what the hell is "better communication with Pola about his own contract"? Seriously, do they have to read it to him and circle the main points in crayon? Lastly how is Fisher legally firing someone a mistake and the Titans holding Pola and USC accountable for breaking the terms of a contract and interfering with said contract pointless chest thumping? Again, they're not suing over "protocal", they're suing over breach of contract and tortuous intereference with their contract with Pola.

4. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

that is we do here in Tennessee. Lose our talent then file bogus law suits that always result in no championships, yet we still have fans that cheer on that bull like they will get some personal compensation from the out come of the titans vs eagles or vs redskins or vs USC...

I understand the hatred for Kiffin but you have to have a seriously warped mind if you think that even if a judge awarded the titans 100 gazillion dollars to the titans in the lawsuit that it would affect lane kiffin one bit.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

6. Beaudreaux

Beaudreaux Starter

Um, what talent have we "lost" over the years that didn't generally prove the front office parted ways at the right time. Don't recall us filing a bunch of lawsuits either. Why should you be apparently upset because the front office legal team protects our rights? Like Fisher said, the lawsuit has nothing to do with geography or hatred, it has to do with tortuous interference with our employees. I also don't recall many coaches being poached one week before camp. Instead of whining about others supporting the team, why don't you just support the team or go whine someplace else. And, how can a huge settlement caused by an employee of an organizations disregard for the law not affect said employee? Warped mind is in the mirror.

7. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

8. Beaudreaux

Beaudreaux Starter

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

It is not a bogus lawsuit and I also don't think it is money the Titans care about, it is about protecting themselvs so this type of situation wont occur again. You cannot allow your coaches to just be taken from you without notice, especially so close to camp. This lawsuit is more about setting an example that if you are interested in a Titans coach (and I imagine every team in the league is on the Titans side in this), then you need to go about it in the correct manner.

Secondly, I am not a UT fan for starters, so my opinion on this isn't because I dislike Kiffin for leaving UT. But to think this is not going to affect Kiffin is naive. He is at a program currently under probation, and keep in mind they are being punished based on events that happened while Kiffin was at USC. The violations might not be his fault, but he is still connected to those violations to some degree. USC has a new AD coming in next week and he was not the one that hired Kiffin, so it isn't his bad hire if Kiffin screws up, which makes it easier to get rid of him. Because of that, he is not going to sit back and allow Kiffin to embarrass the program without repercussions. Kiffin better be a successful HC on the field, and he better start learning the rules (which he didn't know at UT), and he better learn proper protocol. USC is not going to sit back while he embarrasses the program. Basically, this effects Kiffin because it immediately puts him on a short leash.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar