Titans are racists...!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

An apology to Ray...you have to be kidding...apologize to Ray for what? Has Ray been victimized here??

That's the problem...that feeling that there must be an apology for something without merit.

Ray can kiss my butt. Ray has to make some noise because Ray ain't the player he used to be...so of course become the squeaky wheel and try to raise some issue before the game.

HE should be apologizing to McNair for turning what could be a good moment for McNair and his former home team fans to welcome back a guy that this city embraced for years into something more centered around Ray because that JACK***** cannot stand it not being about him.

Racism is not about hurting one's feelings....its about the degredation of a person or the dismissal of that person's rights or opportunity because of their race. Reducing it to simply hurting someones feelings is ridiculous.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well I got upset by Lewis' comments so he can come apologize to me.....

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I didn't reduce it. According to Ray, that is exactly what happened to McNair. And by doing that, TN has possibly degraded an entire race of people. It is in the public eye now and has been. People's feeling have been hurt. Ray is evidence of that. Not taking action against, or responsibility for that event, means that TN thinks it's ok to do that to everyone else who is like McNair. It states the Titans are ok with that. That the NFL is ok with that. And that society shouldn't care. So yeah, when people tell you that you have done wrong, and you are willing to admit that, it means you have to apologize to all those who have been offended by the action. That includes Ray Ray. History will bear me out on this. An apology to just one person is not enough when a community is upset by an action against one individual. Ray is a leader in the black community and he went public. In this case, TN should provide an apology to him if they are willing to admit they done wrong. If they only apologize to McNair, they have done nothing assure the community they won't do it again to the next black qb. Which could be any of them.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Yeah well, I'm black and I didn't think it had anything to do with Steve being black. It had to do with money bottom line. To say that the organization is racist because of the treatment of a black player is a REACH if I ever saw one.

Tell me this; what gives any person the right to give correlation to Steve's shabby treatment to the color of his skin? What evidence is there? It's incredibly faulty logic, and extremely ignorant, to simply conclude that the reason he was handled so poorly was because he was black. That doesn't make sense, when that's all the evidence you have. You're right; Manning and Farve would not be treated like this. Why? Because they mean more than their teams (at one point anyway).

This is what annoys me about my own culture. I genuinely feel that racism is still a very prevolent and serious issue in this country. The problem is the sensitivity to it, and the meaningless correlations that people grasp at. I refuse to believe that the Titans organization sat down, and consciously thought "Well, since Mac is black, we're gonna do him in the most unproffesional and embarassing way possible". Makes no sense from what we know.

5. Laserjock

You have to be kidding me. So Ray says it is racism and we should all run around trying to find some way to apologize...just because "Ray says so"?? So the entire black race has been hurt by a business decision by the Titans, whether poorly chosen or not? The business that single handedly made McNair a multimillionare just degraded the entire black race because they chose to keep him out of the facility in order to not be liable for millions if he hurts himself, knowing they probably would not bring him back. That is racism? THAT degraded an entire race. I am sure he was feeling the racism as he drove is Escalade back to his mansion.

Nice role model...nuff said on that.

6. Laserjock

Exactly. This argument actually works against the true challenge of erasing any racism or racist mentality in our society.

Poor McNair...his racist treatment only resulted in his making about 10 million dollars as result. Where is the justice....where is Jesse and Al...why aren't they taking this to the media?

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Vigsted, you have at least few people here who feel the same way as you do. And they are upset. Ask for your apology and you may receive it, The Titans certainly do have a right to ask for an apology from Ray Ray if they feel they have been unjustly labeled. That is what this is all about. If it is proven that there was no racism, I think Ray Ray may just send that apology out.

8. Laserjock

We drafted a black QB with our 1st round pick, our next franchise QB, and signed him to a huge contract. We got rid of the white #2.

Case closed.

Ray...you can apologize now. Though we all know he won't. That would take some class and a social conscience...something Ray Ray is devoid of.

This is an argument no on wins....I'm weary of it and out.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Comeon, you can't go around apologizing to everyone who misinterprets what you say or do or otherwise feel offended were no offense was intended.

I don't expect an apology from Lewis or McNair, and honestly I think some of the other posters nailed it. It's not about the McNair situation, it's about stirring the proverbial pot just before the game.

There's no rational explanation for why McNair should have been treated bad due to racism from the same organisation and owner who signed Warren Moon, picked Steve McNair over Kerry Collins (who many considered better at the time) and also picked Vince Young over Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler.

If racism was a factor, why would Young be our quarterback right now and not Leinart?

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Genius :))

On getting stiffed with the Gary Coleman doll royalties?

Phislammajamma: I like most of your posts dude,I really do but Ray Lewis's opinion on anything has to be worth nothing unless its advice on how to dodge a conviction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar