Titans are racists...!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperTitan

SuperTitan Camp Fodder

Before Ray made the comment, he specifically stated hat he did not want to make it a black/white issue. He simply stated that he could not see Manning or Favre (who is no doubt at the end of his career) being asked to stay away from the training room.

The media, and apparently RollTide, are interpreting the comments as racists. I thought the comments were targeted at Titans management.

Admittedly, I do not know much about the history of the Titans/Oilers franchise; but, can someone provide details about the terms under which Moon left the Oilers? Why did he leave?

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

"I always say you can't mix personal feelings with business, and I always feel like if you do that's when these things like that happen. That's why it would never happen to Brett Favre or Peyton Manning and it probably would never happen to those guys, but it happened to me." -Steve McNair

way to go Steve... you just gave us reason to boo you.

it would have been a pretty cheerful introduction...

but no... you had to run your mouth...

once word gets around the tailgatin' types...

and those who will be in attendence hear and talk about it amongst themselves... an aire of intolerence for your Ravens and their spiteful lies will emerge. You don't realize it but you just gave our team more reason to fight. I am seriously telling you Steve McNair that your odds of winning this game tomorrow have just dippped.

And to you Ray Lewis...

you're a fag.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

sorry but I have to side with the drano drinker on this one.

Lewis' statement falls under the category of "I'm trying to be a good team mate here but..."

think about it.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

bipolar the lycos to the rescue!

source

source

5. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I'm a black woman and I totally understand what Ray was saying. Lots of things happen to black people that simply don't happen to white people.

Among several things in the NFL, just in the past 5 years have black men been considered for head coaching jobs.

Steve got treated like feces. Billy Volek can't compare! He wasn't told by a trainer to leave the facility and humiliated publicly.

Steve got disrespected and I think it's because he was black. They could have called his agent and given Steve a heads up before he showed up at BSP and been humiliated.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Would be hard to be racist in a sport dominated by a minority!

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

holy crap i thought you were white.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You don't understand at all. If he had been hurt working out at the facility, the Titans would have been responsible for his salary and bonus. He knew he was locked out before he even arrived, it was just a media ploy. Steve has been paid over $52 Million to play here, yet he wasn't willing to renogotiate an overpriced contract to stay a Titan. So this is about money and ego, not racism. He also knew the Titans weren't going anywhere this year, and he is much happier where he is, and has stated that, so I don't see why he is airing all this now.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I understand that the Titans did contact Buss Cook and Buss told McMVP to force the issue by showing up at the complex - like he was gonna work out during the offseason anyways.

10. shut up it was racism which was one of the reasons Mcnair left...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar