Titans are pleased with Derrick Morgan’s play

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Have you been hanging out with GoT?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

MY GOODNESS, Y DO PEOPLE THINK YOU CAN'T DO PHYSIO AWAY!!!

Do you realize when I busted my leg (big time), I had too many friends over all the time, I never found time to do my ish.

Sure, in the beginning I needed equipment and stuff, but towards the end, it was mainly drills and practices I had to do once every two hours (roughly half an hour) - THAT DIDN'T REQUIRE ANYTHING BUT TIME AND SOME SPACE.

Now, in a secluded place, I would imagine it would be very easy to do his drills. Also, DM is not a C*NT or BAD CHARACTER guy, he didn't run to Europe to party or anything, and nothing in his history would prove to me that he didn't do everything he was told to do.

NOW, if you want to question our medical staff, then feel free. I've been in doubt at the recovery period of our players in general for a while now; always been wondering bout the staff tbh and the team DRs they use.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

If Derrick Morgan had spent those 10 days in Atlanta drinking Vodka and cranberry and playing PS3 instead helping people in Rwanda, he'd be All-Pro now.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is very true LOL

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Fo sho. That's exactly the type of mentality we need on this team. Mad vodka and some pro bowls. Hand and hand.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Clear alcohol is for rich women on diets

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I think we all know we're not going to get 1st round value out of Morgan but to be fair he's had some pretty bad injuries so far in his career. He's only had maybe 8-10 games where he's been truly healthy and so far has looked pretty good this year.

This is not defending our weak pass rush but I think sacks are kind of an overrated stat. Yes a loss of downs and moving the ball back is great but as long as we're getting pressure on the QB that's all I'm looking for. Force bad throws, busted plays, forced turnovers, etc. is what a pass rush can do. Even though Morgan only has 2 sacks he's getting pressure and actually getting tackles. He's been our best defensive lineman so far this season and if he can start putting it all together then it won't look like a bad pick anymore.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Morgan is only just now playing totally unhindered by an injury and he is a solid player. It really doesn't matter where he was drafted. He is what he is. Would he any better or any ****tier if he had been drafted later? We paid the guy on the other side a nice chunk of money and he hasn't been as good. So the way I look at it Morgan is out playing a guy making 7 mil a year and Morgan's been far better against the run. So bash Wimbley who has 10 tackles and only one sack. He is playing like Jason Jones over there.

Also, Morgan is far superior to Ray Edwards, another guy fans were getting excited about the team brining in a few years ago. Edwards only had 3.5 sacks last year and has zeo this year.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He's not horrible. But he was not a good first rd pick thus far. Sure, he was not even close to the worst first round DE ever drafted.. But VY was far from the worst QB drafted ever, as well. He was still a bust.

Gholston, Harvey, etc. were high risk players, but with high upside, but flamed out. Morgan never was the speed rush type, and he seems like he'd be better fit to be taken in the 2nd,3rd or 4th round. Even coming in, they admitted that pass rush was not his strongest point.

Right now.. Morgan is a bust. Luckily for all of us, he has the chance to change his destiny. He's showing a little life.

Right now, it isn't unfair to call him a bust, and overall i'm not happy with the pick.

10. SRW293

SRW293 Starter

he is getting double teamed leaving Morgan 1on1 or they double Morgan and Wimbley gets free to the QB so the offense picks their poison with these two IMO. They are not in the great but are above Avg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar