Titans are 7 Point Favorites Over The Raiders

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Darius Heyward Bey- hahahahaha

I do like McClain though he's a beast. We will win this game though.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

if they Raiders can hold Cj under 100 yards, then i'll be impressed.

3. TitanTough

TitanTough Camp Fodder

I think we will win this game.

But I wouldn't count out the Raiders if they can try to contain CJ then they have a chance.

Their Pass Defense is very solid but their Run D is still a ???.

Their O-Line is still a ???

I do think Gradkowski is better than Campbell and would start Gradkowski if i were them.

Will see what happens on Sunday.

GO TITANS!

4. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Bro.. I am an your side, (kinda) but your posts are simply full of chit!

YOUR DEFENSE SUCKS!!! YOU WONT DO CHIT AGAINST VY AND CJ.. GIVE UP TRYING TO CONVINCE US THAT YOUR LILLIPUTIANS ARE MIGHTY GOLIATHS THAT WILL CRUSH IS!!! (M. huff? for crying out loud its written right on his jersey "this way for a TD")

No one is buying it, give it up.

If you are going to talk about beating us, then talk about our pathetic secondary with Mcgrath out and that idiot M. Griffin just falling for fakes like a retarded old dog! We dont even know who our second corner is going to be, Finnegan missed most of pre-season and was looking stupid playing against a back up QB. Plus his role has changed this year.

Campbell is doesnt have the fastest arm in the league, but even he should be able to dink and doink first down after first down in face of the titans d line rush.

He might even be able t wear them out...late in the 4th.

I do occasionally bet on games and -7 is too rich for me knowing the titans are going to trot the dumbest safety in the league onto the field.

But please shut the hell up about your fat greasy slow aZZ defensive line men!:gag:

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Raider9175 You should probably ignore karma, everyone else does. For obvious reasons.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I have a very strong feeling that our first offensive play will be a pass. We know they'll play to stop the run so we'll just come out throwing. Then when they give us even a little bit of room to run, BAM! CJ's gone!

After he makes them look like little girls chasing after him Oakland will just give up like they always do. So while Raida fans have good reason to be optimistic this season they need to just look on to week 2 because they ain't got a chance in hell of beating us.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Our dline is going to destroy the Raiders...and the rest of the NFL just like in '08.

If our offense shows up to play and our secondary can play decent we win this one by 17...no joke.

8. Nine

Nine Starter

So we're expected to believe that the Raiders are a much improved team....but the Titans are just the same old Titans that went 8-8 last year?

I kinda doubt that.

Unfortunately, we have only preseason performance by which to judge this team....but judging by what we saw in preseason, I feel pretty comfortable with the following statements:

This ain't last year's D-line.

The D-line is easily the single most improved area on the roster, and was without question the team's greatest strength in preseason. Simply put, the starting D-line dominated every opponent they faced...battering QB's, stuffing opposing RB's, and consistently dominating the line of scrimmage.

After missing much of last year with a shoulder injury, DT Jason Jones is playing like a man on a mission, and his impact in preseason was very comparable that of Albert Haynesworth a couple years ago....just absolutely dominant.

This ain't the same Vince Young

Last year, Young demonstrated significant improvement as a passer over anything we'd seen from him in the past. This preseason, he stepped it up even further, looking far more comfortable in the pocket and throwing the ball with greater consistency and accuracy than ever before. His awareness and decision-making are noticeably better than last year, as well.

Of course, I don't anticipate Vince throwing it 30+ times this week; I'm guessing we'll see a more run-oriented gameplan. But I have every confidence that when it comes time to air it out, Vince will be more than ready for it.

So you say you just need to stop Chris Johnson....

You and every other team in the NFL. Last year it was no secret that the entire offense was built around one player. Week in and week out, CJ was the focal point of every opposing team's gameplan.....and week after week, those gameplans failed miserably, as he went on to become the first player in NFL history to amass 2500 yards from scrimmage.

Johnson is currently riding a streak of 11 consecutive 100+ yard games...only three short of the NFL record held by the illustrious Barry Sanders.

Perhaps you have some suggestions as to how the Raiders might stop CJ? if so, we're all ears. Because the fact is, many of the league's top coaches have tried to crack that nut....and nobody's figured it out yet.

9. Nine

Nine Starter

By the way....just going over the numbers for last year's Raiders D.

I notice that the Raiders defense had only 438 passes thrown against them....fewer than any other defense in the NFL.

Yet amazingly enough, they were one of the league's worst at stopping big passing plays. In all, they allowed 16 plays of 40+ yards allowed....second worst in the NFL.

By comparison, the Titans D had a league-high 604 passes attempted....and yet they allowed only 9 plays of 40+ yards. Their secondary was lousy last year....but when it came to giving up big plays, they were nowhere near as bad as the Raiders. Not even close, in fact.

So what's the story there? With the quality of players they have in their secondary, how in the world can they continue to give up game-changing plays like that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar