Titans are 7 Point Favorites Over The Raiders

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raider9175

Raider9175 Starter

First off Your telling me Vince Young has proven he can throw effectively with pressure in his face,

Second you do know what Raiders have on defense. IF Titans can't run the football, they have no shot at beating the Raiders. N Asomugha- will take out whoever your number 1 WR. M Huff- might be a liability in running game(thats why you won't see him on the run downs) but he very good defending against the pass. Huff will take out any of your Tes man to man.

Raiders with S routt(starting opposite Asomugha) and chris johnson(nickel CB) cam handle your Wr corp.

Raiders pass rush is more ferocious than the Titans. They Keep thomas Howard(I expect him to play more this week) as a spy and Vince Young not outrunning him.
    \

Btw _ who cares what he did against the Cardinals defense thats not the Raider defense.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Thats all and good but what happened to that stellar defense LAST year? 5-11 doesn't necessarily reflect a great defense....

There is no doubt in my mind that Asomugha is the best cornerback in the league but he can only do so much against the likes of Chris Johnson and Vince Young.

3. Raider9175

Raider9175 Starter

Again what defense are you talking about 2009 or 2010 version. Raiders made so many changes on defense, that you can't even make a correlation between the two. They upgraded the run defense, upgraded their pass rush ten times and they upgraded their secondary(have alot more cover cbs)

Chris Johnson going to be a challenge- IM not looking at how many yards he finishes at. Its how he got those yards. IF he gets a large majority of his runs on one big run. That is not beating the Raiders. But if he keeps ripping off 4-5 yards everytime than those yards have alot more meaning. (keep Raiders offense off field why wearing down the defense)

Vince Young- could be very dangerous against a team like the raiders that plays man to man with their Cbs. V Young running with Cbs back to line of scrimmage and he can run for a while. I expect Raiders to make Thomas Howard -V young Spy. He makes a break and thomas Howard will come up and stick him.(hes not outrunning Howard)

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'm not convinced that the "NEW AND IMPROVED" Raiders defense exists...sorry.

5. Raider9175

Raider9175 Starter

Dosen't matter if your convinced or not. What happens on the football field next sunday will say all that needs to be said on subject. Raiders defense either performs like I think or They lay an egg and I have egg on my face.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

I agree with DBC I watch the Raiders they have a very Stout Defense specifically pass Vy will struggle against them. IF we win it will be a grind it out game with the running game.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Oh my god, six more days until Raider90210 goes away.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Has this Raider fan ever actually watched The Raiders?

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Amongst other things..

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The same Thomas Howard who the Raiders were trying to trade? The same Thomas Howard who is now a backup because he sucks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar