Titans Announce Front Office Changes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Razorbacks, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Underwood made it seem like Webster was our GM when Whiz was fired...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Underwood went out of his way to praise Webster before he was sh*tcanned

IMO AmyS is not telling Underwood of her machinations and he has been pimping the status quo

3. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Underwood said all that stuff about Mularkey because he's a business man who's disseminating information for public consumption. He's indicating that Mularkey will be judged based on multiple factors including his interim stint, but that won't necessarily be the deciding factor due to the fact that he was running someone else's team. He'll get a fair shot in an interview just as all the other candidates will.

Even if they have no intention of hiring him, they damn sure aren't going to come out and say that in the press conference. He took over a team in disarray when the FO asked him too and did what he could, so they are respectful enough to at least talk to him and let him present his case. That doesn't automatically mean he's the guy, so there's no need to freak out at this point if you are anti-Mularkey.

And following that same pattern, Underwood says he doesn't necessarily think they have to have a GM in place before they make a HC hire. This gives them flexibility and doesn't back them into a corner if something were to hold up the process. Again, info that they are putting out to the public, I'm almost 100% positive they'll hire a GM first. And I'll bet they already have a pretty clear picture of who their #1 targets are for both positions.

4. kenny

kenny Starter

The biggest thing that sticks out about what has been said about Mularkey; has nothing to do with Underwood. It was the comments that Strunk was quoted as saying: "She and the Adams family really like Mularkey as a coach & person. They also like & have respect for how he handled Marcus and his injuries."

I haven't seen anyone "Freaking out" about Mularkey. He has been highly discussed because of all the press surrounding him being the HC. It has and still is being reported that he is the leading candidate before interviews have even taken place. Of course people are discussing it & doing so passionately. I, as well as many others; do not think he is the right person for the job. He has not done anything in his HC career, or his time as interim HC here to warrant consideration IMO.

I think most people discussing it see this go around as a chance for real change. New GM coming on so we should also look to bring in an innovative creative HC. We have seen what the Mularkeys & Whizs of the world can do. I for one, would like to see this team do something different. We have the QB to run an innovative challenging offense. We need better players around him; and an offensive mind that can build a system around the team. Under Mularkey we were very much predictable. I see more of the same coming if he stays. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe he stays and creates a successful system. I just have no reason to think that will happen.

But it is natural to want change. It is natural for Mularkey to be a hot topic as much as he has been talked up by the team. Change isn't always good. However, in this situation I think change looks more positive than negative.

#224 kenny, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

whats the latest?

The Lorax said we'd have someone in the building interviewing withing 48 hours, well its been 44 hours and no word...

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

SO it looks like DeCosta is staying put in Baltimore......as we expected. I bet our internal candidates are licking their chops knowing that no one wants to come here.

7. JCBRAVE

supposedly the minute the job opened up the team was fielding calls for 3 hours straight, jobs desirable, just not by guys in better places like Decosta...

8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Great points.
    I think Mularkey could be a good coach.....just not here, not now.
    I also think he has been a good OC in the past.

I feel for the guy. Given the situation he was handed.....I don't know how many more wins even Belichick could have had with this roster and situation. It was an uphill battle for Mularkey or any other coach in that spot.

Sometimes you really do want the good guys to finish first. I have met him and talked to him a couple of times and really is a very nice, engaging, genuine person. He and his wife really like it here. It makes you want to pull for him. But.......we need a new face. Maybe the new coach would keep him on staff....but it's doubtful.

I don't claim to have the best answer but I keep leaning in the Hugh Jackson direction. I thought McDaniels was an arrogant jerk during his Broncos stint, but if he learned and mellowed......that would work for me as well.

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Yea, Underwood said that there were some surprise inquiries about the the GM and HC jobs, but then again he didn't elaborate so it could of been a Titans janitor or someone from off this forum inquiring for all we know lol. Brave when did you get a direct line to Underwood?

10. JCBRAVE

Yesterday 3pm EST

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar