Titans and you.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Oct 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

So we are in year 19 of the oilers/Titans in Tennessee. In that time this franchise has had exactly 7 winning season...7. Since fisherface this franchise has won a total of 25 games....only 25 games. With a winning percentage of only .362...that is winning an average of 5.8 games per year. Don't get me wrong...I wanted fishface gone...years before he left. I don't pretend to know what the answers are for it to become a winner....all I know is it is becoming very difficult to care anymore...I have enjoyed watching the development of MM but it appears the team is trying to get him killed so I am not sure how much longer that will even bring any pleasure. To sum it up...they, the players don't seem to care about winning and losing, I don't care about them. F em all. That is all...carry on.

• Cheers Cheers x 6
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I was highly disappointed to find out I could not get a refund for Sunday Ticket that I purchased.

I find it harder and harder to remain attached to this team. I haven't seriously lived in TN since I was 19 with the exception of two years in Memphis, and only go back to visit family. My interest in the NFL is waning largely because of the on the field product. They do very little to just keep things about the game, and IMO, almost seem to encourage controversy. It doesn't help that they seem to be reactive instead of proactive in terms of player safety either.

My time is also more limited to what I want to dedicate to football as well. Spending an entire day to watch a ****** product, isn't worth it.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Can't disagree with too much in this. Yesterday during the second half I felt like I continued to watch out of loyalty and obligation. That sort of stuff works for a season or two while rebuilding, but we have been rebuilding since 2009 now. It is wearing thin on me too at this point.

I guess I would be more cynical had it not been for watching Mariota yesterday. He is a rookie and had a bad game yesterday, no argument there. However, he showed his toughness by trying to play through his injury, which I found compelling. However, the coaching decision to leave him in the game was questionable at best IMO.

I continue to watch, and will continue to watch. I have found that, over the past few seasons, I start talking about dumping Sunday Ticket the following season when we get to these points of the season (sucking with little hope of improvement). However, I never do. I think that I will continue to follow this team regardless (albeit with alot less enthusiasm) unless they move. At that point I think I would be done (just like I was with the Cardinals back in the day).

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. MaybeWeWin

MaybeWeWin Starter

Me and @LosingBy3 thought about it yesterday. Mostly his thought we are a storyline team.

Week 1 Whos the best QB Winston or Mariotta

Week 2 Johnny Mandingo is to start for the Browns.

Week 3 Colts in a losing slump can they beat the Titans to claim their rightful place?

Week 4 After a bad loss for the Bills they need this win.

Week 5 Miami needs a win to show that their coaching dissicion was the right thing to do..

Titans are a **** storm team they get records beaten against them. We never break any... we always seem to be forgot. Poor players that we draft will end up being stuck on injured or traded.

Something has to change. But it won't

This year has the same regretful sting last year did...

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I said it last year and I'll say it again this year. The titans fan base sucks every home game there are just as many if not more away fans at the game. Nashville is another teams home away from home.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Disappointed in the record, but there are some things I'm excited about. Mostly want to try to stay away from here, because this place is toxic.

...but that is tough, because I want to talk and read about the team.

7. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

I have been an Oilers/Titans fan since back in the day and been on this horrible roller coaster ride. Anybody that followed this franchise knows this team left a couple of rings during Moon's last couple of years. The SB was ours the year we blew the 35-3 lead to Buffalo.....totally heartbreaking. McNair/George's team had a good run and missed a couple there. The Ravens stole our 2000 ring when we totally dominated them in that playoff game (blocked FG's/TO's).....we would have won that year....Bennett's drop in the playoffs against NE. ....ughhh

There are so many times we couldn't make a play to win it......so close yet so far.

We believe we found our franchise QB since MAC and we can't protect him. It was painful yesterday to watch him getting hit yesterday. Our O-Line is pitiful and I hope it doesn't get him killed our hurt his learning process.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

The reason players simply don't care is because they get paid way too much money to play a game for a job. How would you feel if you went to play a football game, lost the game, and then happily say "ok, the game is over. I can now go across town and pick up that Porsche I've been wanting to buy so I can park it next to the other 5 exotic cars I own".

If NFL players made wages in the sub $100K range, they would actually care about their individual and team performance

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. MaybeWeWin

MaybeWeWin Starter

We said that yesterday too, why not pay them what they are worth? If they attempt or try to play hard then guess what they get paid. If they just out there for money drop the pay and make them feel how it hurt. They sign that 5 million dollar contract and pretty much get it paid to them.

I think if you get penelties like Lewan does all the time you should have it taken out of your pay too.

Pay for performance i am not saying every game is going to be perfect and that would mean a bad game they wont get paid i am saying if they clearly look like they dont give a damn then make their wallets feel it.

10. amy

amy Starter

Or maybe they know that going to the game is a total waste of money. Really, who in their right mind would pay big bucks for this waste of a football Sunday?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar