Titans and SP teams needs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JayMizzle, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Lowry's parents must be retarded, because he sure is special to Jeff.

2. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Our special teams are great we resigned the future hall of famer DONNIE NICKEY. Nickey and Lowry must have something on fisher.

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

We need less Lowry and more ANYONE ELSE.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

You said it man.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

[​IMG]

I want this guy (Jacoby Ford) to fall to us in the 3rd. I know it's a little bit of a reach. Most mock drafts have him anywhere from early 2nd-mid 3rd. He would be a STEAL in the 3rd. He could be our #4 WR, provide another down the field threat, AND be an amazing returner.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

I remember the Music City Miracle happening before me on the TV. I was estatic! One of the most exciting moments in football I, personally, have witnessed. Our field goal kicking was above average almost every season. Our punting was pretty great, as well.

Here's the problem...

The Music City Miracle was ONE TIME.

The field goals are kicked by ONE PLAYER.

The punting is done by ONE PLAYER.

What do those last two have to do with a ST coach? Nothing. I've never really seen where a ST coach makes a kicker better or worse. You either have it or you don't. We've been fortunate enough to get kickers that have "it."

Now, returns are another thing. We've had decent returners over the years. Pacman was a spark of hope! But that simply was a burning ember that died out. Until recently, our returners have been pretty decent. We simply haven't been able to find that special player with the "it" quality on returns. You can coach that to a degree... but, overall, it has more to do with the player himself, not the ST coach.

Now, let's look at what the ST coach DOES have an affect on. Blocking and coverage.

Abysmal.

It always seems the other team manages to return on us pretty efficiently, always giving their offense decent field position.

When WE return, our blocking is adequate, at best. Even when we had Pacman returning kicks and punts, it seemed about 90% of his TDs were called back because of a failure in the blocking scheme. It was NEVER corrected.

Our ST coach is a FAILURE. It seems they are lumping the ST all together and, overall, Lowry is doing well. Here's the thing - he has nothing to do with the quality of punts and field goals!

Fire Lowry. Get rid of that hack. He's THE worst aspect of this team.

You know what would happen if we fired Lowry and went into the season without replacing him? The same thing that happened LAST season. It was THAT bad.

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Personally, I don't think it matters WHO we get to return our kicks and punts... Lowry will screw it up by not fielding a team that can appropriately block for anyone. If our returner gets a 45 yard return... it'll be called back for an illegal block in the back, or something. If it's returned for a TD... same thing.

The only thing that will help, with Lowry coaching, is getting a returner that can simply catch the ball, hold onto it and maybe manage to run for a 5-10 yard gain - behind his blockers so they can't do anything illegal.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd rather have lice than have both Nickey and Lowry. I bet Lowry's kids facebook page gets blasted during the season.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Your wrong. we'd be better without him.:grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar