Titans and KVB are very close...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DynamoSupremo, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ice

Ice Guest

I thought kearse got 16 + an immediate 4 in roster bonus...so essentially 20 in total SB

2. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

KVB though neared a hundred tackles and should have been comeback player of the year

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

According to the radio this is the CAP hit if McNair signs a $1mil roster bonus and recieves his contracted salary, about $9mil + the other bonus monies throughout his career that will count against the CAP this season.... hmmmmmm

4. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

if this happens hopefully he continues to play on a high level... can't let up

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Pac4MVP, who was the comeback player of the year?

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Fantastic, one less thing to worry about in the draft.

7. Good news, though I do hope they don't way overpay him...

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Four-year contract valued at $15 million in guaranteed money doesn't seem outrageous. If he keeps playing anywhere near his last season he could be a bargain.

9. #1TitansFan

#1TitansFan Camp Fodder

I think the contract sounds very reasonable and it doesn't sound like it would take a lot out of the cap room.

10. I just worry about giving that kind of money to a guy coming off 2 torn ACLs, even if he did have a great year. He should be worth it if he can stay healthy.

We'll have to wait and see how big the contract is. $15M in guaranteed money seems like a lot based on the normal ratio of guaranteed money vs. total contract. But with the current CBA situation, he may be getting more guaranteed money and less unguaranteed since there's a major limit to how much base salaries can increase from year-to-year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar