Titans and Cowboys talking trade for Pacman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I don't think Pacman is going anywhere. The Titans aren't going to just let him go, just like Cincinatti won't let Chad Johnson go. The Titans organization knows that even though Pacman has done his damage to the team, it can't get any worse. Say we only use him for kick and punt returns, he will dominate. We don't even have to start him at CB, he could play nickel or what have you. I just think he'll work hard and play harder just to earn a trade. (I think Haynesworth may have been doing the same thing this year).

I hope the Titans are smart enough to hold on to their GOOD talent, not the mediocre.

2. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

3. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Pac gets in trouble and banned from the NFL for life, Titans get nothing. Trust me, it can and likely would get worse.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

See thats my problem with the article. If the skinny thug 'could get on the field, stay on the field and stay out of trouble, he’d be worth much more than a mid-round pick'. The mid-round pick imo is if we are uncertain if he could do those things, but if he can stay out of trouble then he's worth atleast a first or second round pick.

It's too early to trade him away regardless. The best thing we can do now is hold on to him and wait. If he is reinstated and proves to be able to stay out of trouble then we should look into trading him for a higher pick. Many other teams will show interest then. If he continues to screw up and gets banned for life then all we end up losing is a late draft pick offer from the cowgirls. Are we really that desperate for a late draft pick from the cowgirls to trade him away this soon? Stuff your fifth or sixth round pick Jerry.

keep his *** in Tennessee. If anything, keep him for his trade value and keep his skinny *** on the bench. He'll hate that. He'll try hard to stay out of trouble and then other teams will show interest, his value will be higher and it'll be a win-win situation for all.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

You tucking fetards! Of course he isn't worth anything RIGHT NOW! But that doesn't mean you "sell low" in hopes to get "something". That is asinine.

Pac will follow the money and if we hold on to him his contract aka "value" we be determined by his on the field performance. He must stay on the field and out of trouble. It doesn't matter who the media reports he "wants" to play for- he isn't Ocho Cinco.

I'm am fed up with a lot of fans that can't keep the "business" part of Pac separate from their intense emotional dislike of the guy. You simply can't let your emotions dictate your personnel decisions. It would be different if the team (players) came and said "dump him- we can't work him....etc" but we don't hear any of that.

Pac has skills. Are they still there? Who knows. But to trade away the potential he has for what Schefter is suggesting is absolutely a retarded business decision.

How likely is it we would "hit" on a mid rounder versus how likely is it that Pac can contribute at a high level?" That is the real question. I have no doubt in my mind that Pac's potential to contribute to the Titans is worth MUCH more than the likelihood of a mid-late rounder's potential to contribute.

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

7. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Cowboys Interested in Pacman

SUMMARY: Talks between the Cowboys and the Titans to work out a trade for Pacman Jones may be heating up. The Dallas Morning News reported on its web site Thursday evening that discussion between the two teams for the troubled cornerback and return man that could involve a late-round pick were taking place. "I have not heard about any deal being completed. There have been talks with a number of teams, such as Dallas and New England," Jones' agent said. "There is no trade at this time. Right now, I’m more concerned with trying to get him reinstated." Jones has been suspended since April 10 after a string of off-field incidents that includes six arrests.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys offer a '09 sixth-round pick which upgrades to a fifth or fourth depending on if he stays in the league and plays in so many games.

Even Jerry Jones isn't dumb enough to give up much right now.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

the titans need to keep pac.

10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

This IS the absolute lowest point at which to trade him. It doesn't make sense to me unless we get at least a third in value. I would trade our first and Pac for Marion Barber. Well... maybe not. But I do think keeping him around a bit could drastically increase his value.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar