Titans and Cowboys talking trade for Pacman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports there are "some people that believe" Pacman Jones could be a Cowboy by as soon as next week.
    However, Jones' agent Manny Arora says he's talked to several teams and that the Titans are in no hurry to part with Pacman. Still, Dallas is clearly the early frontrunner. Pacman's suspension is scheduled to be reviewed in July.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Pacman doesnt want to play here in TN, him saying he wanted to be a Cowboy was a loud and clear message to the Titans.

No good will come from us keeping Pacman, he wont play 100% for us and the other players knowing he doesnt like it here will only cause drama. If he ever steps foot back on the field in Nashville he will be booed by the fans and that will fuel his fire even more to leave. This is starting to draw to much attention like TO did in Philly, I think the Titans will nip this in the Bud before the season starts.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

When a listener called in and asked if Jones would like to play for the Cowboys, he responded, "I would love to play for the Cowboys, America's team.''

how is that a loud and clear message?

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

unfortunately, it's not up to him

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Do you think any other player on the Titans would have said that?

You think VY would say that if asked the same question? not once, but Pacman has spoken of the Cowboys about 2 or 3 times already. He went from promising "he'll win back trust" of his teammates and fans." " family, teammates, coaches and fans, to " I would like to be a Cowboy "

6. Fry

he was asked a question and answered honestly.

plus, he's keeping his options open. if he says "no, i don't want to be a cowboy" that's one less team that would be interested in him.

7. Fry

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Don't trade him, we don't get any value. Let him be reinstated and then get back on the roster, he'll get in trouble in six weeks and his career will be over. I'd rather have that than a 4th rounder anyday. Awesome, Pac can go to prison and then wrestle to make ends meet.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No one is saying Pacman is smart, but he wasn't demanding a trade.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think his market value is a 6th or 7th rounder.
    He's worth a 2nd rounder without the problems, and based on talent.

That said, the market demand may drive his worth up a bit for teams who either want to win a superbowl, or want to sure up a weak position. Because everyone has seen what he can do on the field. There will be a handful of teams who will cross the value line for a guy like pac man as long as there are two bidders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar