Titans among the best at their position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Recently, The Sporting News has been running a list of the NFL's best players by position. The series concluded today, so let's take a look at which Titans were selected.

Michael Roos, #5 offensive tackle
    Bo Scaife, #10 tight end
    Chris Johnson, #10 running back
    Kyle Vanden Bosch, #10 defensive end
    Jovan Haye, #19 defensive
    Keith Bulluck, #8 outside linebacker
    Cortland Finnegan, #2 cornerback
    Chris Hope, #5 safety
    Michael Griffin, #8 safety
    Rob Bironas, #4 kicker
    Craig Hentrich, #10 punter

What do you guys think? Did Sporting News snub any Titans I didn't stick up for? Am I overrating any Titans?

2. ryangm2123

ryangm2123 Reynaldo Hill's #1 Fan

idk if they lumped fullbacks in with running backs but if they were separate categories i would definitely say sarge is top 5 in that category

no mawae at center? yeah he is aging but when he is healthy he is just as good as anyone else and he has a lot of experience

3. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

I wouldn't take any notice of this because with those exclusions and certain inclusions the person writing it obviously hasn't got a clue.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think some of these rankings are actually too generous. Finnegan is ranked too high. Scaife is ranked too high.

Bironas is the only one who should be higher, IMO.

And, of course, it's no surprise that our O-line doesn't get respect. I guess having the best O-line in the league doesn't earn respect.

5. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

yeeeeeeeeeah baby!!!!

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

CJ=top 5
    Craig hentrich= #1, most consistent if you ask me

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That's biased beyond belief.

CJ can't be top 5 for at least another year. Rookies can't be put far into the top 10. They haven't proved enough.

The Chargers punter, Mike Scifres, is out of this world as far as a punter goes. He's got one hell of a leg. He must be on roids or something, but seriously... he is, hands down, the best. He won them the playoff game against the Colts two seasons ago. No doubt about it.

Hentrich at #10 is fair. He's so freaking old now.

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I'm a little disappointed not to see any of WR's in the top 10 :rolleyes:

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

CJ i think is 6-7, Scaife like 15, Jovan Haye is he even going to play? haha

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Michael Roos has really come together nicely for someone with a limited amount of football experience prior to the Titans selecting him in the 2nd round. These types of players are whats going to keep the Titans in the Super Bowl race for years to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar