Titans already preparing for Steelers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans play the Falcons next, but they’re already thinking about the Steelers.

“Any time you play those cats, you’d better watch them,” defensive coordinator Jerry Gray said on Tuesday.

The Titans face the Steelers in the regular season opener on Sept. 8, but first they have preseason games against the Falcons and Vikings.

Gray said he started watching film of the Steelers the day the NFL schedule was released in April.

“They are going to run the football, they are going to play-action pass, they have an all-pro quarterback, and their receivers are still great,’’ Gray said. “… To me, Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh and we have to be concerned with that.”

The Titans (0-2) don’t look ready for the Steelers after giving up average of 394 yards in their first two preseason games.

“I can’t say you look past Atlanta and Minnesota, it is unfair to those guys,” Gray said. “We have to play those two but we still have to be prepared for Pittsburgh.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Gray better start actually preparing instead of just saying he is.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

The way Grey prepares defenses.. it might be better if our players just went out there and free-balled.

• High Five High Five x 6
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I think Grays "preparing" is just playing Madden...

• High Five High Five x 5
  5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I think Grey's preparing is bringing over and biting on a leather strap.

I'm prepairing too. Renting a u haul and heading to frugal McDougall's

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Nice to see everyone's optimistic!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

For every day that grey spends thinking about his gameplan, he decides to move the CBs an extra yard away form the LOS ... By the time we play the steelers,he will be lining guys up 30 yards back

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ive been game planning for Pittsburgh since May.

Oline has some holes as does their secondary. Their RBs are big as hell so sound tackling will be critical for us to win.

Big Ben is still a problem and I think that about does it.

so if we can keep drives alive and turn that into points, I like our chances

9. Thaddeus43

I don't think the Titans know what 'sound tackling' is ...

10. Thaddeus43

Unless they think it is the sounds you make when missing a tackle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar