Titans already after guard Andy Levitre

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think they're about the same money-wise

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Bills have not even talked to him about a contract. They overhauled their OL a few years back and they are all coming up as free agents at around the same time. They have another OG who is an FA right now, just locked up an OG to a long term deal and their center is a FA next year.

They are in serious need of upgrades at LB and WR so they need to keep money free there. Also they are throwing a lot money around their secondary this offseason. Lastly, ever since the drama with Jason Peter the Bills have stopped giving huge contracts to OL.

(I listen to Buffalo sports radio a lot in the car)

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Work that "no luxury tax" angle.

Honestly, with that we should always have the advantage in signing FA's. Plus athletes seem to love Nashville, for whatever reason.

4. The Hammer

For sure. Taxes in California are insane.

5. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Curious, if we do sign Levitre, do we cut Amano and make more room in the cap and let Harris/Velasco fight for the C job? Then draft Warmack and ask Hutch to rework his deal.

6. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Did y'all know there is an "exit tax" in California? Was talking to a buddy of mine from college who was looking at buying a rental property in San Diego and if you sell a property in Cali and move out of the state you have to pay the normal federal cap gains tax, state cap gains tax, and the CA exit tax, which is on the gross sale of the property I believe. It's utter ridiculous.

I'm sure there are some CA guys on here that can weigh in on that.

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Do you live here?? Great place to raise a family. People are genuinely nice. It's very affordable..your money gets you more than any coast. And no state tax...they basically pay none for half their paychecks.

What's not to love....

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't think there is any doubt either Hutchinson or Amano get the axe when we bring in another guard. Harris is a free agent, isn't he? I don't think he'll be back.

I think the line looks like this on opening day:
    LT- Roos
    LG- Free Agent
    C- Velasco
    RG- Draft Pick
    RT- Stewart

9. The Hammer

Reminds me of the "Leaving Town Tax" that Diamond Joe Quimby had in the Simpsons lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar