Titans already after guard Andy Levitre

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Hate to be a debbie downer but I'd rather have Louis Vasquez. He's started every game for the Chargers since he was drafted in 2009. He also won't cost as much. I'm not gonna complain if we do land Levitre.

2. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Gotta remain skepitcal until I see ink to paper. Titans constantly enterain and tease in offseason only to let them walk and sign elsewhere days later. Tired of hearing Titans are interested in a big name DE n FA and whatnot -'I know its early and process is just underway but lets see them sign someone before we all get giddy. Talking to the agents is about as far as this organization goes - then waits weeks and weeks later to grab spot-gappers on the cheap.

3. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Also rotoworld and other sources are saying 3 specific teams
    Are actively pursing top FA guards levitre and vasquez.

Titans, Colts and Bills.

It says the loser of these teams who fails to land one of the 2 will shop for the next
    Tier of guards which is a pretty big step down. Any guesses who the losing team who doesnt bid high enough will be???

Seen it a million times - maybe this organization will give us a pleasant surprise for once. Its not like they are short on spending money in a very important off season full of big names at quality positions of need - lets get this done boys!

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's interesting.

Bills would probably have the inside track on Levitre, but if he wants to move on, they will probably miss out on both.

5. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

How much does the highest paid gaurd make? If they were going to overspend, gaurd will probably hurt the Titans cap space the least.

I hope they stay open to drafting Warmack even if they gain Levitre so that the OL problems are behind them.

6. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

We wont land anyone worth value. Its the same thing every year. We also do not like to make any deals with trades except for spending 2nd round picks on 3rd round guys like Cook. Then we dont even bother to use him and then let him go. Where is this franchise going?

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Andy wants to go where the money is at. To be honest, I won't even be mad if he goes for the highest $$$$.

I seriously don't want to get into a bidding war over Andy. This type of signing is a "Take it or leave it" signing.

8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Historically the Titans don't go after big FAs, but we really haven't seen much out of this new 'era' of the Titans yet with Munch and Webster, esp with Reiny gone now.

Last year (1st under webster) we tried to go big, but got sidetracked (you know what I'm talking about). This year it looks like they are going to try to accomplish what they set out to do last year.

Maybe this is just how Munch and Webster like to operate

9. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

If we managed to land him and draft a one of those guards at #10.... our offensive line..

[​IMG]

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Why? Wimbley is probably almost the perfect comparison to Levitre. This is just a pessimistic post just for the sake of bitching.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar