Titans all wearing #9 first week of the season????

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jedimasterbyrd, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

2. Jedimasterbyrd

Here's the quote for you guys.

"Finnegan said that the team has discussed ways to honor McNair including the entire team taking the field in McNair's No. 9 jersey to open the season"

3. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

i would love for that to happen! i would cry tears of joy!!! goodell needs to have a heart and let the team do it, just for one bloody game!

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Pretty sure they could all take the field wearing #9 but would have to change before the ball was snapped.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah...it ain't possible.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'm not in favor of that. It's over the top. I think a black circle on the helmet would be sufficient. I can't remember all that well, but wasn't there an issue with Sean Taylor's team, The Redskins, over whether or not the sticker could remain past a certain number of games? Weren't some of those guys taking fines over that? I'm against it entirely if it becomes a distraction. I'd rather see Fisher deactivate a player rather than let him play and incur an intentional fine. I'd like to hear Trey Wingo ask questions about my team at the NFLive desk but not for something stupid like that.

7. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

"#9 throws to #9, #9 fumbles and is recovered by #9, #9 scores!

8. Jedimasterbyrd

I wonder if that would confuse our Quarterbacks? Nah, just an amusing thought. Jeff Fisher would not do it if he felt it would hinder our chances of winning in anyway.

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I would be cool with that. There would be no need for everyone to actually play wearing a #9 jersey. Just running out onto the field as they're introduced would get the point across.
    Of course the #9 sticker on the helmet for as long as they could wear it during the season as well.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

How about they do nothing outward and not even put a sticker on the helmet, only make a solemn vow as a team to come together, make the playoffs and go on to win the Super Bowl in his honor? (and actually do it) Maybe have a MAC9 fat head made up for the locker room wall to remind them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar