Titans Agree with Third-Round Pick TE Stevens

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Rebel Titan, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

SEC

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Never heard of it.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Damn right because the QBs who have succeded in the pac 10 have made nfl rosters and there are more pac 10 QBs in the nfl than SEC QBs.

Here are 2 sets of stats.

6659 yards......46tds.....22 ints

7224 yards.....71 yards....19 ints

So what you are saying is that the top stats, the lessor stats are just as meaningful for an SEC QB as the bottom stats would be for a pac 10 QB right?

But wait the bigger better stats don't belong to a pac 10 QB but to an SEC QB and his name is not manning either. He is andre woodson.

The bottom stats belong to carson palmer.

Based on your bogus theory woodson is light years superior to palmer?

Feel foolish now? So move on to something else then.

There have been sec QBs who played in wide open offenses and put up great numbers who didn't do squat in the nfl.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

SEC had the 1st, 3rd, 12th, 13th and 15th ranked teams in the country. 5 top 15 teams and 2 in the top 3. Nobody can compare with that.

The pac 10 had 2nd USC, 23rd ranked oregon state and 25th ranked oregon.

We all do remember what cal did to tennessee right? And what oregon did to michighan?

I think based on the number of top 25 teams those 2 games and the huge number of pro prospects that were drafted from the pac 10 it is a legit power conference. Maybe 3rd or 4th best but absolutely not in the class of the sec..

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I can't believe we are having this stupid argument about the SEC and Pac10 just to prove if Stevens is any good. I'd rather just watch the guy play on Sundays to determine his worth. IMHO, if Stevens can knock guys back off the LOS as a blocker he was worth the 3rd round pick even if he doesn't catch that many passes.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Hey RollTide,

http://www.houmatoday.com/article/2...nferences_are_the_NFL_s_starters_coming_from_

SEC: 7 starting Qbs
    PAC10: 6 starting Qbs

Feel like a ******* yet?

So I guess you think Stevens would have done as well at Alabama as he did at Cal. You are pretty much implying that Pac10 defenses are as good as SEC defenses. That's cool. I hope you are right. I just don't get the hype on this guy.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I said in the nfl not starters(can't read?) and it is simply too presumptuous to tell who will be starting from each conference because too many jobs are up for grabs.

My goodness how stupid to argue that the pac 10 is some second rate conference and then stand with your hands on your hips because that second rate conference has PERHAPS 1 fewer starting QB in the league! WTF!

No i'm not implying that i just wrote a post saying the sec is superior(Still the reading problems?) but it is moronic to say that only sec players can be judged to be good blockers. There are many offensive linemen from the pac 10 starting in the nfl today.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Is the big ten an inferior 2nd rate conference? The pac 10 has as many starting TEs in the league. But according to alex it is inferior..

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ladies and gentlemen a former california bear and all pac 10 TE tony gonzales.

Tony you suck because you didn't play in the SEC. Sorry buddy. :rolleyes:

10. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

As TST would say, quote for the truth.

Seriously, good players come from every confrence. While the Pac 10 is not the best, it is a very good confrence and as such it has some very good players. Let's hope Stevens is one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar