Titans agree with Jovan Haye

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young54

Young54 Starter

Is your roster updated?

2. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

ooooo lol i wrote Hovan lol i meant Haye my bad

3. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

we are NOT upgrading our team, just filling voids!

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

You are NOT spamming, just posting the same answer in severals threads!

:rolleyes:

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I like Nate's style. RL Polo, and RL bubble vest. It's urban and casual. Work it! [/no homo]

And is that a faux-hawk he's rocking? Instant new favorite player, if so.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

bubble vest is a horrible look.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nice pickup for a decent price.

We should have also signed bernard for the same price. Even though bernard has character issues with the domestic abuse case his cost was cheaper also as a result.

We could have had 2 good DTs for 55% of the price the redskins paid for haynesworth.

Haye is fast and strong. He was one of the fastest DT's at his combine and lifted 33 times. Yeah he is more like tony brown than AH but still a good player and a good fit for us. He didn't work out with the browns because they never gave him a chance and he didn't fit as a 3-4 end. His one year at tampa when he was healthy he was a hell of a player

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I think it was the Tennessean where I read that even though he had a rough season last season, he was still one of the better players in league pressuring the QB, which is really underrated. Good signing.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm pretty happy with this. You can't replace Albert with one player, but I'm glad we did something to help our depth. While we may not get the same push we got from Al, we may actually see our DTs being consistent on every down, no matter who is in there.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I think Fisher's nuts for saying there won't be a drop-off with Albert gone, but let's keep it in perspective: we might go from the best D-line hands down to one of the best D-lines if not the best. We've got more depth, versatility and talent than any other team out there. DTs that can play end, DEs that can slide inside and play the run. They're smart and they trust each other. Haye will come in and just add to that.

Jason Jones in his rookie year was ahead of where Big Al was as a rookie. They will probably add some bulk to him this year, and he should join the very crowded pool of talented lineman that have emerged from this system. I'm not concerned about our line at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar