Titans Agree to Terms with WR Kevin Walter, C/G Chris Spencer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thesaurus, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

And you adult life too, don't lie, you probably have some TMNT posters up at home.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

So youre saying he'll see a lot of time huh

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

We need to keep Nate for at least another season. It would be nice if we could negotiate that contract of his down a bit, but it won't be the end of the world if we overpay a bit for his production. I've always preferred Hawkins over Williams, he seems to make more plays, while Williams struggles to make the catches he should make. Preston has no business being on this roster (except for my Madden redzone offense)

The interesting debate is Mariani vs Reynaud.. Mariani made the pro bowl his rookie season, while Reynaud exploded in a couple of games last season. Something about Reynaud makes me think that his success was because of the system we ran, and not his returning abilities. With Mariani I think our return game would have been just as good, if not better. It's going to be a tough decision for the FO to make, as Mariani doesn't give much production outside of his returns.. but then again, neither does Reynaud.

I could see our WR roster next season being something like:
    Britt, Washington/rookie, Wright/Walter, Hawkins, Mariani. Seven WRs is more than enough, assuming we cut Preston.. unless Preston replaces Mariani?

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Solid signings. I don't think this signals the end of Nate Washington as a Titan or that we won't go OG in the 1st, however.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I wish, I love TMNT. I'm a 90s kid, thats the stuff I watched growing up... those turtles kicked butt.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Yeah, he got that because he's good...It's not his fault his o-coordinator blew balls last year and couldn't figure out a way to get him the ball...

I stilll don't get the people who think WR is such a pressing need...IMO, Britt, Wright, Washington, Williams, Hawkins, Preston and Walter is more than enough good WR's....

We have to fix the play calling, O-line, QB play, and run game in order to get more out of these guys...be patient...they will prove they aren't a bunch of trash like you all think.

7. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

No, not a lie. I had this discussion last year at about this very time of the year. Go look at the numbers. Targets to catches, Lavelle has a higher target to pass completion percentage over his career. Or, at the very least, he had a higher percentage. Neither one contributed very much in 2012, and that's the way it should stay.

Lavelle Hawkins at the very least has better hands than Damian Williams, as hard as that may be for some to take, it's the truth. He can simply, if anything, be relied upon to catch the football, and that's something we cannot say about Damian Wiilams. To look past the overriding deffeciencies of Damian Williams, and at the same time to go with the bashing of Lavelle Hawkins, albeit popular, is absurd and unfounded.

8. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

71 rec, 771 yds, 1 TD in 52 career games, Hawkins is not good and he's overpaid.

We don't think they're trash, we're just not overvaluing them like you are.

Britt - Last year of deal. Always hurt or in law trouble. Won't be a Titan next year.
    Wright - Solid rookie year, is he ever a #1 WR though..
    Washington - Getting older, rumored to be released/traded
    Williams - Last year of deal. Going into 4th year, hasn't shown anything but depth.
    Hawkins - Overpaid and average depth
    Preston - Tall & has potential, unlikely to make team
    Walter - Last year of deal, old, nothing more than vet depth

I don't want good enough WRs, I want good WRs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I'd love for a reporter to ask and have Webster butcher his name like the Bills coach did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar