Titans agree to terms with Shonn Greene

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

He looked good in some of the films I have watched.
    I am not as interested in him getting a lot of yards as much as him getting one yard when we need one, and not getting knocked backwards 5.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I expect them to get off the field on 3rd and 10+

pretty real bad at getting even that accomplished

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

he will be there when the little guy wears out his welcome this time next year

4. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Hey, for once the fo is getting involved in FA! Hell yeah I'm excited! That's my story and I'm sticking to it :p

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

At least if the line improvements don't live up, he can create his own blocking...

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

this team needs to stop dealing with scrubs. I predicted this... Let's go get some washed up running back to make Chris Johnson look better. This is the best thing that could have happened to CJ. I don't know what you guys are excited about. Greene will be on the bench this year. Why would this team go to try to get a backup when they think the guy who should be getting all the touches is supposed to be the best in the league?

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Uuuuh.....

cause the little guy cant get the 1 yard when you need 1 yard.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

As I pointed out earlier Mike Clay needs to focus on some real stats. This stat is total BS. It doesn't matter how many yards you gain on 2nd and one just that you move the chains. Also if you get the ball on the 1 yd line all you can get is 1 yd. Show me how many times he gained what was needed for a 1st down. The total yards gained is pretty meaningless.

He could carry the ball 10 times from the 1 yd line and score all 10 times and his avg would be 1 yd per carry. So he would be way below the avg. Or you could have a guy who busts off an 80 yd run on 2nd and 1 and then gets stuffed for no gain on his next 9 short yardage runs and his avg would be 8 yds per carry.

• High Five High Five x 5
  9. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

Except something and 1 isn't the only short yardage situation. On 3rd and 3 CJ ain't getting nothing and Locker will probably stink, so you're gonna need Greene to get those 3 yards which Greene couldn't do last year. Jets o-line was pure junk last year to be fair though

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

third and three with the threat of the run, instead of 5 wide formations, might make a difference for everyone on the field

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar