Titans agree to terms with Gage

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by FLTitansfan, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Wasn't there talk about us trading 4th to Seattle for Darrel Jackson? Was that Bongo blowing smoke?

2. Nine

Nine Starter

Seems to me that, over the past few years, the WR's that everyone got excited about were the ones that were the least productive...Dyson, Calico, Pickens, Thigpen, Givens, etc....even Troupe is starting to join this category.

Conversely, late round picks and other teams' castoffs have ended up being the team's most productive receivers....DMase, Wycheck, Bennett, McCareins, etc. They may not catch on right away, but there's no denying their contribution after 2-3 years

If history is any indicator, then we should be happier with Gage than with any of the big names that have been bounced around.

;)

3. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

Not alot of people we're amped about signing KVB either after his injury prone ways in AZ and look what he did his 1st year....(I know people are going to say that he didn't put up the same numbers this past year but we don't have another end that gets the pressure there so KVB is double teams constantly) All I'm saying is Give'em a chance to show something in Camp before we complain about production here... last year is gone and it's a clean slate for everyone... give'em a chance to show us something before you chalk somebody up to a bad call.....

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

This is the guy that gets cut when the team has a bad game. Someone has to fill the role.

5. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Speaking of DMase, he kind of reminds me of Johhnie Lee Higgins. Same height, weight, not afraid to go over the middle for smaller guys, home run threats, middle round guys...What do y'all think of him?

6. Brilliant! That's a keeper... :cool2:

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Thanks for the props, Tackhead. Be sure to catch the new "TMNT" movie!

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

so weird to see more ninja turtles movies. when I was younger and that stuff came along, I just thought it would go the way of the thundercats or go bots or something... I never dreamed that it would be reincarnated in the same fashion batman or superman has... I understand the old scool super hero stuff, but ninja turtles? who'd of thunk it??? amazing.

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Or it could be that we never really cared about getting star WRs on our roster. Other than Mase, I don’t think we had a WR in the last 10 yrs worth mentioning..

Sure we had Drew.. but that guy was as reliable as second hand Miata. It might appear pretty when taken for a spin after a good ole wash, just don’t ever think about hitting the interstate with it as your sole means of transportation.

Here’s a guy who never washed his hands after slappin on the lube, and it showed when he tried to make the catches; however during some games he found ways of shining like a rappers diamond tooth.. bling bling :greedy:

We put up with these WRs since we never really considered McNair to be a 'throw first' QB, and adding someone of high receiving skills would be considered a waste of talent considering that we would be underutilizing the skills we brought him in here to provide.

Over the last 10 years, we’ve intentionally modeled our offense to be a ‘run first’ and throw on 3rd and mile. We can’t change our offense overnight, and the decision to bring in VY confirms that the coaching staff prefers to keep our offense that way… a group of hard nosed ball huggers, hogging the ball and the clock to pull off the lead, and relying on an a top-rated defense to secure the win.

10. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

plz dont tell me he is goin to start

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar