Titans agree to terms with Gage

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by FLTitansfan, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Gage is going to beat out Roby , Williams and Orr. So hes either going to be our number 2 reciever or number 3. Depending on weather or not we get another reciever or if Givens is ready

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

where do you find stats like that ?

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

4. ONUV

ONUV Starter

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

5. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

honestly i think our orginization is putting more emphasis on depth than talent, and i think to a certain degree, yes, that can be a bad thing

6. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Has anyone heard any news about McCareins?

7. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

12 Gage? anyone else scratching their heads....??

I dont know about the rest of you and I will give Justin Gage a fair chance not exactly great numbers coming out of Chicago with a wopping 64 catches in several years of work. WR is really a position that has never worked for the Tennessee Titans with the exception of D-Mase, but other than that this has just been a wasted position for this franchise. Just looking at the numbers last year granted Vince was a rookie but the numbers are what we can go on our WR core if we started playing tomorrow THANK GOD WE DONT OR WE WOULD BE IN TROUBLE. Our leading WR had 27 catches that being Brandon Jones then it would be David Givens and Roydell with 8 catches and Courtney Roby with a pretty low number of 2. However Gage did have 4 last year. I think it is sad however that the Texans in one guy (Andre Johnson) is better than all of the WR on the Titans roster. I think even if we could get Calvin Johnson you wouldnt know he was on the team WR just doesnt seem to matter in the offense. We will see I guess.

8. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I'm not bouncing off the walls in excitement, but I'm not cursing the heavens, either. He's not the greatest signing, but he's a signing. The guys in control have their jobs for a reason, they didn't just sign him on a whim. There's upside to him based on a physical standpoint, we've been burned on that before (Calico) but favouring the former in ability vs. performance can have some payoff (KVB) because let's face it, if he fails then he was just a small FA pickup, no enormous monetary waste and we go on, while if he succeeds, we look like geniuses and can re-structure him as our own star.

GLinks looked at him as not just a player, but as a Titan...
    You want a guy who plays to the strengths of your team. How in any way could that be detrimental?

And besides all this, I'm still hanging on Givens coming back and being the superstar #1.

9. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Bobby Wade was a no name when we signed him too. Who knows, maybe this guy can be a reliable target like Wade was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar